Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting Ted Williams Card Company piece

I thought the board would like to see this. Interesting time capsule into the junk-wax area, with an authentic Ted signature to boot.

Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

I'd really like to see PSA take a look at that. It looks good. My only question is the era. It's like right in that window where John Henry Williams was accused of signing a bunch of stuff for Ted.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Good call Mike!

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it's a hint about authenticity or not, but I noticed that the guy who signed it on the left; his job title is misspelled "Cheif".

Steve

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

That is funny Steve.

What would you all do with this piece, is the historical card industry slant worth keeping intact or better to remove the auto to make a custom Williams cut, which will obviously look better?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:
    I don't know if it's a hint about authenticity or not, but I noticed that the guy who signed it on the left; his job title is misspelled "Cheif".

Steve

Good catch. An uncorrected error?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ahmanfan said:
    That is funny Steve.

What would you all do with this piece, is the historical card industry slant worth keeping intact or better to remove the auto to make a custom Williams cut, which will obviously look better?

I don't like cuts. YMMV.

• Options

I know we got one for our shop when we were accepted as dealers for 1993 Ted Williams baseball. I'd have to find it though. I hadn't thought about John Henry signing it for Ted. Hmmm

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WizardofOz1982 said:
    I know we got one for our shop when we were accepted as dealers for 1993 Ted Williams baseball. I'd have to find it though. I hadn't thought about John Henry signing it for Ted. Hmmm

You guys should be ok on these. Ted was very involved in his cards and museum. This was about 10 years before he passed away. I think he was in fairly good health until about 2000.

His son was quite the piece of work, according to the book "Ted Williams" written by Leigh Montville, but I don't think John Henry was in the picture at that time. Later on he had Ted signing stuff like crazy, but I wouldn't put anything past his kid.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set