Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE FLASH SALE

Comments

• Options

Grading costs most definitely affect the sales of things like this. A few year ago I would have bought up as much of this as I could and grade the Jordans and some other stars. Ain't worth the risk of 9'ing out nowadays. Money lost instantly.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

The possibility of a little bit of juice just ain't worth the squeeze

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ridethelightning said:
    Grading costs most definitely affect the sales of things like this. A few year ago I would have bought up as much of this as I could and grade the Jordans and some other stars. Ain't worth the risk of 9'ing out nowadays. Money lost instantly.

This is true. Lower end boxes like this are dead money for now. However the $22 should support the mid-high/high end boxes.

Mike
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:

@Ridethelightning said:

This is true. Lower end boxes like this are dead money for now. However the $22 should support the mid-high/high end boxes.

If and only if PSA 8's are worth the $22 + ancillary costs (shipping 2 ways and tax). The average condition of card right out of pack in 8 or rather was an 8 , 5 and 6's are the new 8's - spider-wrinkles anyone...

Even at $17 or $18 each still not worth it. Once you get to boxes that 6's 7's 8's are easily worth the $22 cost the cost won't be $22 to grade those cards it will be $50? more?

I'm sure some boxes are the exact sweet spot but IMHO those would be outliers. For many having to hope and pray on getting a PSA10 just to do better than break even is basically gambling. As with all gambling the only one who consistently and eventually always wins out is the house.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sub mainly modern shiny stuff. Maybe I’m making it too simple, but I only sub cards that I think have a shot at a 10 (sometimes 9 if it is a high end or high demand modern card). $15 or $22, $7 isn’t going to make a difference. If the card is worth subbing it’s going in. I don’t take any more gambles just because it is a few bucks cheaper.

Mike