Home Sports Talk
Options

Detroit Tigers or St Louis Cardinals ?

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 23, 2022 5:05AM in Sports Talk

Who has the better all time starting line up ?

No pitchers

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2022 1:03PM

i'm not educated enough to answer the OP's question confidently, but because my old man has ate, breathed and slept the St. Louis Cardinals since the 40s, i know a little about them. that said, this is my starting lineup and i invite @dallasactuary to come along and tell me where the wheels came off:

Lou Brock
    Rogers Hornsby
    Albert Pujols
    Stan Musial
    Ken Boyer
    Enos Slaughter
    Yadier Molina
    Ozzie Smith
    Bob Gibson

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i'm not educated enough to answer the OP's question confidently, but because my old man has ate, breathed and slept the St. Louis Cardinals since the 40s, i know a little about them. that said, this is my starting lineup and i invite @dallasactuary to come along and tell me where the wheels came off:

Lou Brock
    Rogers Hornsby
    Albert Pujols
    Stan Musial
    Ken Boyer
    Enos Slaughter
    Yadier Molina
    Ozzie Smith
    Bob Gibson

I don't think the wheels are off; you'd do just fine with that lineup. But you don't have a center fielder, and that could bite you. I'd only make one change - I'd pull Slaughter and replace him with a CF. If Jim Edmonds "counts" - he only played about half his career for the Redbirds - then I'd pick him. If he doesn't count, then I'd pick Curt Flood. Ray Lankford hit a lot better than Flood, but with Brock in LF, I want Flood in center.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will take the Giants over either:

Barry Bonds
    Willie Mays
    Matt Williams
    Buster Posey
    Brandon Crawford
    Will Clark
    Willie McCovey
    Orlando Cepeda
    Juan Marichal

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...