Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

An unusual Mike Trout card. Is this an exceptional card or just a typical insert?

I haven't ever seen another one of these...apparently there are 5 of them. Have any sold?

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

Love that card design

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

That has got to be worth a dollar or two! Nice piece!

Shane

• Options

Well, that's encouraging. I figure its a few hundred bucks? No? Legit question...more than $500 or is that about where it's at? I collect zero modern cards and can't tell one from the other most times. My son went through a period where he went to shows with me (the golden days) and he bought a lot of Trout, Ortiz and Seager cards. He was moving into his own place and we were going through his stuff. It's quite a nice hoard. Anyway, he bought the Trout for 325.00 (I know because that kind of money required Dad). He was all "it's one out of 5 and a great action shot, etc." I told him I'd find out if any of the other 5 have sold by posting it here. I can't think of any other place to get such information, Lol

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

That's an awesome card!

If I had to compare it to any recent sales, this card is from the same 2014 Topps Museum set and is also numbered to 5. This one sold RAW in July for $788, and your son's is highly graded by BGS and in my opinion is a much nicer card without the garbage jumbo patch.

Trout ebay link

In my opinion, your son's card could pull more G's than Maverick in Top Gun.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful card! I don't collect modern, but that one should be worth good $.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set