Home Sports Talk
Options

what should happen to this guy?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

i genuinely welcome opinions on this. so, i've talked about how insane the Ariz-Vegas game was last Sunday. i also mentioned that i would be floored if an altercation didn't take place in the stadium, knowing how unruly Raiders fans can become. well, one did in fact happen.............and Kyler Murray was involved. :D

when i read this headline online i couldn't get to the video fast enough. after the Cardinals' scoop-n-score to end the game in overtime, Kyler ran over to the front row in the end zone where some of his homies/Cardinals fans were. during the celebration, a Raiders fan took a swipe at him. if you don't want to watch the entire celebration i've included, i paused it and took a screenshot at the exact moment it happened. this dude reached over and slapped him in the face with an open fist.

now Vegas police are investigating the matter.

i'll be honest, my first thought was "much ado about nothing." should this fan be banned from the stadium forever? i say yes. should he be arrested? i personally have a hard time reaching that point when i've seen countless examples of fans getting laid out in the stands............yet no charges are ever pressed. if this is a bigger deal than i'm making it out to be, someone talk some sense into me. i'm just a comparative purposes kinda guy, thus when i saw happened and thought back to what i've seen before at previous games, i smh a little.

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you watched the video in slow motion? I did, a couple of times, and it seems as though it was not an intentional act of aggression. Anyone else feel that way? If I'm wrong, I'm open to that. When I saw this, I made sure to watch it a few times, then in slow motion. I then looked for the public opinion, and the public seemed to believe it was just a reach gone awry.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Looks by accident. He was moving quickly and everyone was trying to grab him

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my worthless opinion if a player puts himself into the area of the fans then he needs to be prepared for the consequences.

Too many moving parts.to see if it was intentional or not, it wasn't a closed fist so it's open to interpretation.

In this case not enough evidence to try, convict and sentence this guy to anything

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very much ado about nothing. You have players getting near or entering the fan area. I "assume" the lone raider fan was surrounded by cardinal fans who were pushing their way to congrat Murray.

Besides the extreme risk of catching covid, I do not think that players should get within 10 feet of the fan area.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, crowds are rowdy, they always want to touch a celebrity, it's the same way when I go out in public, the people love me, they can't help but stare at me in my dope ride. Here's some footage of me at a stoplight hittin switches!

• Options

• Options

Kliff Kingsbury has apparently commented on this situation, here is his quote:

"I was just told about it,’’ Kingsbury said. “But I think that guy’s a lowlife, whoever did it, and I hope they arrest him, he gets fired and can never go to another game.’’

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this instance, I cannot honestly tell if it was intentional or not.

In the case of a fan intentionally assaulting a player, then yes, I feel they should never be allowed in the stadium again. I guess it would be up to the player whether or not to press charges.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@doubledragon said:

"I was just told about it,’’ Kingsbury said. “But I think that guy’s a lowlife, whoever did it, and I hope they arrest him, he gets fired, can never go to another game, and is sent to the gas chamber with his last meal being a SoFi stadium hot dog."

seems a bit excessive

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

"I was just told about it,’’ Kingsbury said. “But I think that guy’s a lowlife, whoever did it, and I hope they arrest him, he gets fired, can never go to another game, and is sent to the gas chamber with his last meal being a SoFi stadium hot dog."

seems a bit excessive

In all fairness, and as far as I know, he used "air quotes" when saying the 'gas chamber' part and later told reporters it was a euphemism.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

seems a bit excessive

Nicely done! 😂😂😂😂🖒

• Options

I have read that there are other angles of the video. I'm open to changing my mind. Kyler has made a statement saying "no hard feelings, I'd shake his hand". So obviously he and many others think this was a real assault. Please, someone tell us who initiated the "battery complaint" to the Las Vegas police. That is a key piece of this story, in my opinion.

• Options

the more I see, read and think about this, the more absurd it gets

whoever filed the battery complaint deserves to be slapped in the face

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Honestly a back hander would be better

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.