Home Sports Talk
Options

Detroit's fighting Lions

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

71 points in two games, it seems as though the Lions might just have an offense this season. Could this be the year we see the Lions back in the playoffs?

Comments

• Options

Now, I've been hard on the Lions in the past, but I would like to see them have a good season, the fans have suffered so long, and being a Panthers fan I know what it's like to suffer. Jared Goff had a heck of a game Sunday.

• Options

Ha, we will not be playing this board game anymore, we are now Detroit's fighting Lions!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is this Jared Goff guy anyway? Where did he come from ;)

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going back to last season, the Lions have scored 35+ points in three straight games.

Jared Goff is on pace to throw 51 TDs.

So is Carson Wentz :)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2022 4:43PM

I'd like to see Detroit and Cleveland be good again, I think Cleveland has the better chance on paper once Watson comes back.

The Lions are definitely lighting up the scoreboard BUT so isn't opposing teams

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I'd like to see Detroit and Cleveland be good again, I think Cleveland has the better chance on paper once Watson comes back.

The Lions are definitely lighting up the scoreboard BUT so isn't opposing teams

As already discussed, I always had a "soft spot" for the Browns. I think you did as well. I know of other people too who wanted them to succeed after suffering for so long. But I do not feel that way nearly as much now that they got Watson. And my feelings are not changed so much by Watson but rather by the way they treated Mayfield. I still think they should have rolled with him. He was the first QB to really do anything there and not be a bust in quite awhile, as far as I remember.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always thought it was important for pro sports teams to have at least a relevant year each decade.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.