Home U.S. Coin Forum

The "keystone" of my collection . . . . . post yours . . . .

2»

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hfjacinto said:
    I don't have any "keystone" every coin is important in its set. Of all the sets, I was extremely happy to complete a circulated Indian Head Cent set, so I'll call the set the "keystone" of my coin collection.

I love that series. :)
    Nice set.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see that Oxford Dictionary has "Keystone Species" as -a species on which other species in an ecosystem largely depend, such that if it were removed the ecosystem would change drastically.

If I would apply this to my collection... I think I would have multiple "keystones" - one for each area of collecting.

For Silver bullion its probably my landscape Engelhard kilo bar

For Gold Bullion, maybe my Birthyear Sovereign - Iconic design of "George slaying the dragon"

For Medals - It may actually be my Cohen Mint Rhodium Medal (aint to many RH options out there)

For Tokens - I gotta go with one of my Daniel Carr golds - Naturally the biggest comes to mind, but on second thought, I think its actually the 2013 Clark Gruber Half Eagle I bought straight from the mint - the first year offered and the only produced with naturally occurring Colorado Gold Alloy (82.5% fine is memory serves)

Finally for Coins - I'm thinking its the 1996 ASE in my Dansco Albulm. Take that one out and the collection wouldnt be the same!!

It's all about what the people want...

• willywilly Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the look of that V Nickel. Was always a series I liked

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not diminishing the work of Daniel Carr, this one is the keystone of my "fantasy coin" collection.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file