Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Cuba ABC Peso 1934

Wonderful obverse design with a heavy French influence. I think the high grade surviving population for these remains a mystery

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin! Always liked that design, as well.

• Options

That was not properly rinsed after a dip

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Top50SetBuilder

That was my first observation and thought too. And while that opinion cannot be dismissed, there are many issues that plague this series as well as the Star Peso series. The ABC peso coins were subject to miserable storage in a less than ideal environment- including severe humidity. Take a look at others that have been graded and one can develop some appreciation for what survived. The vast majority of the mintage for theses dates were melted. There is no residue/toning on the obverse. The coin has more of a white appearance instead of an obvious silvery gray that highlights luster. If the rinse was improper, seems probable there would be a residue presence on the obverse.

All things considered and contrasting this coin with the surviving population, it is a reasonable representation for the date and grade. I am satisfied with my decision to buy and submit the coin.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

The obverse carried the grade... MS64 for those that were curious