Home PSA Set Registry Forum

storage/display of large graded sets!

Hi all, curious how some people who have large graded sets (thinking like 500+ cards kind of thing) choose to store them or display them. We just have to keep them in big white 2 or 4 rows? Is there any way to elegantly keep them so that the impressiveness of the feat is matched by the aesthetic of the collection as a whole? Many thanks.

Comments

• davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Here is a few pics to give you an idea. This is about 550 vintage graded Steelers cards. I got into woodworking and built my own floating shelves.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

That is one very awesome steelers collection

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

@jay0791 said:
    That is one very awesome steelers collection

Thank you. Its been so much fun doing this. Its just getting harder and harder to find the high grades I need now. They still pop up some but unfortunately I only seem to find them on eBay now, which I hate but oh well.

• DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Awesome shelving and an impressive collection of memorabilia.....just one glaring issue I see :-) Woof Woof

@MCMLVTopps said:
    David 72...nicely done!
    Here's a pic of a 1955 Topps set I once owned. It was about 16 cards short of a straight PSA 8 set, including a Clemente 8. I built the case in a weekend after I figured out all the measurements. It was nice that 15 cards across X 14 rows came to exactly 210, the # of cards in the set. Although 4 cards were never issued in 1955, I did find the 4 missing cards and added them. They were Score, Musial, Ford and Feller. I put a cleat on the bottom to hold the weight and just used black sheetrock screws randomly to secure it to the wall.

Dude that is awesome. Doing a full set like that and they are all horizontal makes it look even better. That had to be satisfying building your own display too. I know it was for me.