Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Metal Turn or Coin Turn: What is your preference if you store your coins in an album?

I have recently been engaged in a robust conversation about what is preferred by collectors. In response to this discussion, what is your estimate about the percent or number of collectors who primarily collect coins and store them in an album?

If you primarily maintain your coins in an album, does it matter to you whether the US Mint produces coins in the future in its current metal turn approach versus a coin turn approach?

Thanks for your input.

Casabrown

Comments

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2022 3:47PM

That’s actually a good question. I would like it if coins were Medal Turn in an album. Even better, although impossible with actual physical albums, I wish they could look like they do in my personal digital Wayte Raymond album where you can see the obverse and reverse at the same time in what you call “Medal turn”. Like this:

Mr_Spud

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Danscos are the way to go for showcasing your coins and, as @Mr_Spud said, I would much prefer it if the coins were struck like medals where you flip it horizontally and see both sides upright, I would be thrilled to not have to turn my album upside down to get a proper view of the reverses of my coins...

For one of your questions "does it matter to you whether the US Mint produces coins in the future in its current metal turn approach versus a coin turn approach?"
    I would say it doesn't matter to me personally what the mint does in the future because I do not collect any coins after 2000...

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817