Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSHO - 1875-CC Twenty Cent Piece - MS63 PCGS w/CAC - Out of 144, Only 9 Have a CAC!!!

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 18, 2022 1:41AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I'm a collector and not a dealer. I just upgraded my 1875-CC MS63 to an MS64 in my Twenty Cent four coin set. As such, I'm selling my dupe.

1. There are 144 graded MS63 (85 by PCGS and 59 by NGC). Out of those 144, only 9 have a CAC sticker (just a bit more than 6%). At this price point, probably almost all of the others would have been submitted to CAC to try to get their sticker.

2. The PCGS Price Guide was just updated to $3,850.

3. The CAC Price Report has it at $3,450.

4. A GC sale in April 2022 went for $3,404, Cert # 40890431. Take a look at the True View of that cert on the PCGS website. It's "original" - some people like that gray toning, some don't (absolutely no doubt MANY collectors don't like the lack of toning on my coins, lol).

5. Back in November 2015, when prices were not as strong as they are now, GC sold one for $2,866, Cert # 25692853.

6. Just a month later Heritage sold that same coin for only $2,585. Some might say the splotchy brown toning was not attractive, and the strike is not so good (the obverse stars are relatively flat). Perhaps that's possibly why the winner of the GC auction immediately put it up for sale at Heritage?

7. Below are three photos of my coin. The luster is great, as is the strike (see the obverse stars).

8. If you don’t like mine, eyeappealingcoins.com has one graded MS62 for $2,900 ($3,200 via his eBay web site).

My price is $3,595, and includes FedEx Priority Overnight delivery. Payment via PayPal (NOT PP Friends&Family, as I want the PP protection for each of us)!

Will only sell to someone in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address acceptable by FedEx.

Please message ANY questions.

Thanks. Steve

Successful BST Transactions: AJL; BigRig0526; ChrisH821 x 3; Copperindian; D1no; ElKevvo; Goldminers; Kaz; MsMorrisine; PhillyJoe; oldgumballmachineswanted; pnies20; radioman; Relaxn x 2; RonB; RyGuy; Shrub68 x 12; Soldi; sonorandesertrat x 2; tomthemailcarrier; UltraHighRelief x 2; weather11am; Willy.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments