Home Sports Talk

Second Thoughts

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 7, 2022 4:30PM in Sports Talk

I was really looking forward to going to the Rams/Bills game tomorrow night but I'm not so sure now. I just found out that The Lovely Mrs. Hydrants™ cousin from Buffalo, Willadean, just flew into town and she's also going to the game. I'm going to be the driver. I have no choice......Something about the "Mafia.". .....WHY ME?!?!?!?

Comments

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I picked the Bills to win in the contest but I actually hope the Rams win. This is one of the reasons I don't gamble. I do t like that conflicted feeling. If the Bills lose it's good for the Pats. But it also puts me one more game back in the contest. 🤷😂🙃

    @hydrant If the Rams win, you might have to bring her every week like a good luck charm. Try to have fun. Good luck!! 🏈😂

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    I was really looking forward to going to the Rams/Bills game tomorrow night but I'm not so sure now. I just found out that The Lovely Mrs. Hydrants™ cousin from Buffalo, Willadean, just flew into town and she's also going to the game. I'm going to be the driver. I have no choice......Something about the "Mafia.". .....WHY ME?!?!?!?

    Should be fun. I heard the LA crowds are civil to opponents fans. The Mafia travels well. Just a few hours to go.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm just glad football is finally back, this is the best time of the year. You be nice to the Lovely Mrs. Hydrants cousin, buy her a slice of that delicious SoFi Stadium pizza!

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    I picked the Bills to win in the contest but I actually hope the Rams win. This is one of the reasons I don't gamble. I do t like that conflicted feeling. If the Bills lose it's good for the Pats. But it also puts me one more game back in the contest. 🤷😂🙃

    @hydrant If the Rams win, you might have to bring her every week like a good luck charm. Try to have fun. Good luck!! 🏈😂

    That is also the reason I never play fantasy football. it makes me cheer for players who could be playing against my team.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yep. Just a few hours to go until we blast off! My game companions got up early this morning to get a head start.
    Little Sister

    The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™

    The Cousin From Hell
    Should Be A Lot Of Fun!

  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @hydrant Mrs thisistheshow would literally murder me if I captioned such a picture with her trademarked internet name.
    I'm just sayin

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2022 10:40AM

    The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ just informed me that we are leaving for the game.....NOW!....six hours before the kickoff. The reason for the rush?.......Well, she just received a couple of phone calls and the pregame main attraction is in full swing already in the neighborhood!..... The Mafia has landed! She craves excitement..... I'll keep everyone posted...😵

    R.I.P. Queen

  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    Yep. Just a few hours to go until we blast off! My game companions got up early this morning to get a head start.
    Little Sister

    The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™

    The Cousin From Hell
    Should Be A Lot Of Fun!

    Enjoy Mr Hydrant!

  • johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Mr?

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @johnny010 said:
    Mr?

    ....
    Thank you for resurrecting this classic thread @johnny010

    I believe the confusion is from a lack of a comma. If @LandrysFedora had said "Enjoy, Mr. Hydrant" it would be obvious that Tom's Hat was telling the originator of the thread, Hydrant, to enjoy his night on the town...

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

    this is a really terrible way to start my morning

  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:

    @johnny010 said:
    Mr?

    ....
    Thank you for resurrecting this classic thread @johnny010

    I believe the confusion is from a lack of a comma. If @LandrysFedora had said "Enjoy, Mr. Hydrant" it would be obvious that Tom's Hat was telling the originator of the thread, Hydrant, to enjoy his night on the town...

    My grammar school English teachers would have my hide for that error! Thanks for the clarification Show!

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2023 7:43PM

    I would like to start a thread about the food at SoFi Stadium. It's very interesting but I don't know if anyone here would be be Interested. Maybe I should post it as a poll question. Anyway, the food at Sofi was terrible the first year and into last season.


    But, it really improved during late last season.... Way Better!....
    I just found out that The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ is the reason! She has been in collaboration with the headquarter girls and now even I can stomach the tacos at SoFi...and I hate tacos!...I HATE TACOS!!!....
    THE HUSBAND IS THE LAST TO KNOW!
    Great story...... It is sports related...... Wanna' hear about it?

    Probably Not....

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    I would like to start a thread about the food at SoFi Stadium. It's very interesting but I don't know if anyone here would be be Interested. Maybe I should post it as a poll question. Anyway, the food at Sofi was terrible the first year and into last season.


    But, it really improved during late last season.... Way Better!....
    I just found out that The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ is the reason! She has be in collaboration with the headquarter girls and now even I can stomach the tacos at SoFi...and I hate tacos!...I HATE TACOS!!!....
    THE HUSBAND IS THE LAST TO KNOW!
    Great story...... It is sports related...... Wanna' hear about it?

    Probably Not....

  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    I was really looking forward to going to the Rams/Bills game tomorrow night but I'm not so sure now. I just found out that The Lovely Mrs. Hydrants™ cousin from Buffalo, Willadean, just flew into town and she's also going to the game. I'm going to be the driver. I have no choice......Something about the "Mafia.". .....WHY ME?!?!?!?

    Well from now on when anybody asks me why I'm single at age 63 I'm showing them this picture!!!!!!!!

  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yeah that’s probably enough of that picture by now 🫣

    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

    So is that an “after” picture of a Rams cheerleader after hanging out with Hydrant? 🤭

    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Steven59 said:

    @Hydrant said:
    I was really looking forward to going to the Rams/Bills game tomorrow night but I'm not so sure now. I just found out that The Lovely Mrs. Hydrants™ cousin from Buffalo, Willadean, just flew into town and she's also going to the game. I'm going to be the driver. I have no choice......Something about the "Mafia.". .....WHY ME?!?!?!?

    Well from now on when anybody asks me why I'm single at age 63 I'm showing them this picture!!!!!!!!

    @Darin said:
    Yeah that’s probably enough of that picture by now 🫣

    I agree. My popcorn eating emoji refers solely to me waiting with bated breath for the SoFi food inside scoop from @hydrant

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2023 7:48PM

    @Darin said:
    So is that an “after” picture of a Rams cheerleader after hanging out with Hydrant? 🤭

    Yea, I can wreck the best of 'em...It's a special Talent I Have..
    My First Cheerleader...Long, long, ago...

    Her Now?...

    It's All My Fault!
    I've moved on...

    My New Crew...

    Forget the one on my right....

    86ed!
    The one on my left was handsy too...But I'm keeping her!...And her two friends! Go-Go Boots! Oh Baby!

    Ahaaa...
    These Boots Are Made For Walking
    And That's Just What They'll Do
    One Of These Days These Boots
    Are Gonna' Walk All Over You

    PLEASE!
    I Can't Wait!

  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Again, love the Mr. Hydrant boots, and those of the guitar playing lady..............

    And, go Niners today.


    Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

    memo to self: the next time i see a thread titled 'second thoughts', that's cue for me to have second thoughts about opening it

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2023 12:41PM

    @spacehayduke said:
    Again, love the Mr. Hydrant boots,....

    It's all about the boots.
    Wouldn't be caught dead without 'em!
    The chicks love 'em!

    My Favorite Ramette...

    What a nice girl!!!!
    Dig those Boots!!!

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I believe that this is a good time to share (again) one of the important (though there are countless) quotations from Bukowski... beware women grown old who who were never anything but young... And in my opinion this also means to beware of women who are still young but will never be anything else but young itself.

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2023 1:26PM

    @thisistheshow said:
    I believe that this is a good time to share (again) one of the important (though there are countless) quotations from Bukowski... beware women grown old who who were never anything but young... And in my opinion this also means to beware of women who are still young but will never be anything else but young itself.

    At this moment... I regret that the forum got rid of the Disagree button..... Showboat,..... With all due respect....You're out to lunch on this one!....
    "Beware Women grown old who were never never anything but young."....and..." Beware of women who are still young but who will never be anything else but young itself.".....WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON?......You're buddy Bukowski is CLUELESS! Stop listening to him!
    Those Babes Are God's Gift To Man....

    😵

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:

    @thisistheshow said:
    I believe that this is a good time to share (again) one of the important (though there are countless) quotations from Bukowski... beware women grown old who who were never anything but young... And in my opinion this also means to beware of women who are still young but will never be anything else but young itself.

    At this moment... I regret that the forum got rid of the Disagree button..... Showboat,..... With all due respect....You're out to lunch on this one!....
    "Beware Women grown old who were never never anything but young."....and..." Beware of women who are still young but who will never be anything else but young itself.".....WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON?......You're buddy Bukowski is CLUELESS! Stop listening to him!
    Those Babes Are God's Gift To Man....

    😵

    I like brains. 🤷

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Brains and beauty, even better. 🤣

Sign In or Register to comment.