Home Q & A Forum
Options

1895 S MORGAN DOLLAR HELP TO VERIFY

JWPJWP Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 4, 2022 7:35PM in Q & A Forum

I acquired this 1895-s Morgan via eBay in March of 2019. I just so happened to pull it out of one of my Morgan books when I was looking for something and decided to take a closer look at it. At the time that I acquired it I didn't have anything more than a magnifying glass. Since then I have a dm4 electronic microscope which allows me to look up to 1000x. My question is whether or not this is actually authentic. Looked at the mint mark and I see the die crack going from the left of the s to the D and from the D to the rim. Also I see the upper right edge of the S extending to the the bottom right of the bow. This appears to be authentic but I would appreciate some better eyes and opinions if possible. The pictures aren't the best but hopefully they will be of help for anybody to answer my question. Thanks for your time.

Also I wonder if anybody knows what's going on inside the D and especially inside the O. I only paid $133 for this when I acquired it in March of 2019. @justindan gave me a link to vamworld and the mint mark looks real close to the Die Break forVAM-6A.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Best Answers

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

"My question is whether or not this is actually authentic."

Looks authentic to me.

"Also I wonder if anybody knows what's going on inside the D and especially inside the O."

Looks like PMD to me.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I have to agree with you oo.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members