Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Forum Members who sell on EBay

Dug13Dug13 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2022 3:44PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

As of recently, there seems to be an up tick on postings on the topic of EBay. From what I gather, there are many members who list coins on EBay.
I was wondering if anyone a has complied a list of forum members with their EBay ID.
I would have more confidence in purchasing from active forum members rather than a random seller.

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy error coins with confidence ...

My eBay handle is ctf_error_coins

Link below

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dug13 said:
    I would have more confidence in purchasing from active forum members rather than a random seller.

Ditto.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is: carbide-bomb

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

jimdimmick

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

markandnancy2012

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kennett Coins

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is the same as my handle here. Jtlee321

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

find me at toms-world

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sell on consignment under JKCoins... have been for going on 20 years. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jkcoins/m.html

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

mullencoins - Forum member from the beginning and selling on eBay about 13 years.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

everythingvaluable

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dave99B - I'm usually selling Barber duplicates, and occasionally other coins. I always start out at one cent, with no reserve. I'm old school eBay.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

What a great question and thanks for those who ID'ed their businesses. I'd much rather bid/buy from "someone I know" rather than just anyone. Thanks again.

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

One Alternative to Ebay is USACOINBOOK https://www.usacoinbook.com/ I have not used them yet, but would like to know your experience.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2022 3:49PM

RMTK52

Member since 2004.

My wife and I have been Selling coins since 2019.

• Options

EBay and PayPal combined end up costing the seller something like 11% of the sale value. Given than many things sell with only 1 or 2 bids, its amazing that the sellers dont set some sort of reserve to cover their costs. No wonder EBay sellers on this forum are pissed off.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

fairlaneman_64. Extra Mercury Dimes both raw and PCGS graded from time to time. Items are usually fixed price Buy It Nows. On eBay since 2001

Ken

• Options
    edited August 31, 2022 1:29PM

@rooksmith said:
    EBay and PayPal combined end up costing the seller something like 11% of the sale value. Given than many things sell with only 1 or 2 bids, its amazing that the sellers dont set some sort of reserve to cover their costs. No wonder EBay sellers on this forum are pissed off.

I believe we pay 8.5% of the sale to cover E-Bay/managed payments not 11%?

We've sold a number of coins , mostly DE's (approx 75-100) over the past 2 years. Maybe, we are just in "good times" for the hobby?

Without E-Bay we couldn't be in business.

• Options

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

I built a whole business using eBay, so much so, that I now dominate one whole category.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2022 1:49PM

Hi. I go by Twosides2acoin on eBay.
    It takes the guesswork out.
    I have a coin shop and acoinshop.com.

I'm not too tech or coin savvy, but I can type 70 wpm and I like people ( usually).

• Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

sunshinerarecoins

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

jesbroken

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

I throw something up there every once in awhile, and normally willing to accommodate the forum members "off-line".

dr.defecto

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm kliao-69 on ebay. I don't have anything listed at the moment due to being in school but plan to start it up again when I'm home for breaks.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that there already was a list here somewhere. Maybe ATS.

• Options

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

We've sold a number of coins , mostly DE's (approx 75-100) over the past 2 years. Maybe, we are just in "good times" for the hobby?

8.5% is still more than I want to pay, but I guess EBay has the buyers. Great Collections and the other auction houses do charge premiums, but they sort of justify it.

Does your 8.5 % include Pay Pal or the CC payment. Just Curious .

Refs:

USA Coin Book: https://www.usacoinbook.com/fees.php

Great Collections: https://www.greatcollections.com/greatcollections-vs-ebay

• Options
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great idea....I have knowingly and unknowingly does business with many of you.

My ebay name is also pointfivezero. Member since there was dirt.

Tim

• Options
    edited August 31, 2022 3:00PM

@rooksmith said:

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

8.5% is still more than I want to pay, but I guess EBay has the buyers. Great Collections and the other auction houses do charge premiums, but they sort of justify it.

Refs:

8.5% is all in and goes to E-Bay. There are no CC fees /Paypal fees charged to the seller.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

Refs:

8.5% is all in and goes to E-Bay. There are no CC fees /Paypal fees charged to the seller.

It's 8.8% now, at least for me. But yeah covers everything.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

Link in my sig line 😎

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also lkenefic on ebay...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2022 3:28PM

Just to add, not that it is needed, but the fear of being discussed negatively on this forum keeps forum ebay sellers honest or at least keeps the crummy ebay sellers away 😆

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mostly sell W quarters:

Joey_95020 (I made this handle when I was mostly buying) Been selling since 2019, over 300 transactions

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thebusybeaver......

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this thread belong on the BST? I'll await the tomatoes.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rooksmith said:

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

Refs:

GreatCollections has a minimum buyer's fee of 10%, or 12.5% if they use a credit card. The seller fee is 0% over $1000 or 5% under. That's a effective fee range of 10-17.5% depending on the value of the item and how the buyer pays.

As far as the link for their comparison to eBay, those comparisons are a bit weak.

Faster shipping? Okay, but most eBay listings ship pretty quickly, and eBay has a FAR wider range of items available. I wouldn't choose one or the other because of shipping speed unless it was a common item both places had for the same price.

Confidentiality? If it really matters, get a PO Box and don't use your real name on eBay. Problem solved.

Authenticity guarantee? eBay most certainly enforces such a guarantee by way of SNAD. And if the ability to return an item is that important, fine, only buy items with a return policy on eBay. Again, this could be a reason to choose GC for an item you can get on either site, but certainly isn't a reason to not look on eBay for something GC may not routinely (or ever) sell.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2022 3:58PM

@DelawareDoons said:

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

@jkrk said:

@rooksmith said:

Refs:

It's 8.8% now, at least for me. But yeah covers everything.

I decided to check. I pay 8.8% as well, up to $4000 of the sell price.

Anything Above I pay 2.35% .

So you can see by a recent sale.... the exact costs. Sold an item for $8500, paid a FVF of $457.73 or 5.38% total fee.

My guess, bigger sellers do better?

Final Value Fee
    -$457.73
    Variable percentage • Coins & Paper Money category
    Rate for $0.00 - $4,000.00
    $4,000.00
    8.8% =
    -$352.00
    Rate for $4,000.01+
    $4,499.00
    2.35% =
    -$105.73

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

manning_coin on eBay, it would be great to have a list, as I would much rather go through here than eBay, for buying and selling, saves trouble and money! :)

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

morgandollar78, been a member since 1999, been here since 2008.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

68camaro on ebay since 1998.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

bigjpst here and on eBay

• Options
    HistmanHistman Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

DK Collectables & More

• Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

For th last 10 years or more I only buy from ebay. Ebay got to greedy! (horns4you)

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

peterybay. I throw the occasional garage sale, sometimes coins are included. Some stuff up now.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2