Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Brokerage services

Does anyone know of a company that would broker a sale. For trading cards

Comments

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a buyer picked out and are looking to arrange escrow or a price, or is it more that you wish to consign some cards and don't particularly care who buys them?

• Options

I'm just in the process of selling some of my lower valued items I'm concerned about selling something of high value online and using PayPal. I'd like to find a 3rd party to do the transaction. Thanks

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2022 9:45AM

Do a search for auctions, they are so many out there.

People use PWCC, Probstein, Goldin, Heritage, etc...

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Thanks I hit a few of them up

• Options

@Portlandjoe said:
    I'm just in the process of selling some of my lower valued items I'm concerned about selling something of high value online and using PayPal. I'd like to find a 3rd party to do the transaction. Thanks

I don't know what you mean by "lower value", but below a certain level it gets very expensive to consign.

• Options

@daltex said:

@Portlandjoe said:

I don't know what you mean by "lower value", but below a certain level it gets very expensive to consign.

I agree. In general the higher the value/sale the less percentage you have to pay the AH. I have heard in some cases if the item is super desirable the AH will waive their fees.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Cakes said:

@daltex said:

@Portlandjoe said:

I agree. In general the higher the value/sale the less percentage you have to pay the AH. I have heard in some cases if the item is super desirable the AH will waive their fees.

Sometimes better than that. In very special cases you might find a seller premium of -5%, that is the seller receives 105% of hammer.

• Options

Yes I actually had one company who said they would give me %105 of the hammer price.

• Options

@Portlandjoe said:
    Yes I actually had one company who said they would give me %105 of the hammer price.

In that case I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see "some of [your] lower valued items."

• Options

Ha. What I meant was I'm only comfortable selling the low end ones myself like with ebay and PayPal transactions. I start getting nervous on higher end iones.

• Options

@Portlandjoe said:
    Ha. What I meant was I'm only comfortable selling the low end ones myself like with ebay and PayPal transactions. I start getting nervous on higher end iones.

Portland, how long are you going to tease us?