Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

DB cooper bill

Hey. I've been wondering for sometime, what do you think a full Brian Ingram DB cooper bill is currently worth. It's been a while since I've seen any show up for sale.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve only seen pieces. They typically sell in the $3K - 4K range.

• Options

Yeah same. But even with them I haven't seen any sell for some time. Minus the two small fragments listed on ebay for $10-$20k

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

@Portlandjoe said:
    Yeah same. But even with them I haven't seen any sell for some time. Minus the two small fragments listed on ebay for $10-$20k

never seen them go that high. usually 2-3k depending on how little or how much is missing on the note

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options

The sales that you are talking about are they fairly recent? Like within the last 5 years or so.

Thankyou

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

@Portlandjoe said:
    The sales that you are talking about are they fairly recent? Like within the last 5 years or so.

Thankyou

Heritage Auctions. Most of those fragments sold years ago.some for as little as 1100

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options

Yeah that's the only ones I can find. The ones going for 1100 were just the pieces. A full bill with the sn should command way more especially with all the recent interest in DB, Netflix.

From my research only 70 full bills exist in public hands and the same guy owns 55 of them. Its a very rare piece. The Honus Wagner of bills

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Apmex has a couple, one for $5500 and another for $8500.

• Options

Thanks, I found a pretty full one that sold on ebay in 2016 for $10k. But I cant find anything recent

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

When I went the Whitman expo, I saw some of them, and the dealer said he owned half of all the notes. He wanted 10-15k for a note.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

Thankyou.. was this recently?

I'm pretty sure I know the dealer you are referring to. I've read about him, the family that found the bills have been selling them to him over the years

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Portlandjoe said:
    Thankyou.. was this recently?

I'm pretty sure I know the dealer you are referring to. I've read about him, the family that found the bills have been selling them to him over the years

Sounds like he might be cornering the market on these bills perhaps?

• Options

Yes. But if that's the case why wouldn't he sell one or two in a public manner. At the very least to show what they are worth. The last one that was sold was 2016 and went for 10k on ebay. I can't see him still only asking $10-15k for a full one

• Options

@coinandcurrency242 said:
    When I went the Whitman expo, I saw some of them, and the dealer said he owned half of all the notes. He wanted 10-15k for a note.

Actually half of the notes, would only be 25% of the notes recovered.
    Folks keep forgetting they were split with the insurance company