Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help with a Jordan Star 1985 ?

Can someone help me find where this card is from?

Comments

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unlicensed and unauthorized card from a set offered on QVC or HSN in the mid 90s. I do think these will have some value but nothing like the real issues.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

That card was from a 118 card Jordan Star set that was believed to be nothing more than custom cards,IIRC they were never proven to have even been part of the QVC/HSN stuff that came out. I saved some old Ebay/Worthpoint listings that are now outdated but I also saved some pics of the set.
    This is just part of the set.

I'd be very wary with these Jordan Star Novelty/QVC/HSN/Fake cards because they're just a huge hassle to deal with if you go to resell them. They can't be graded. No one knows who actually printed them or when. Some buyers expect sellers of providing a QVC/HSN sales receipt when selling these cards/sets because that may somehow make them legit in the sense that they were printed in the 90's but dated from 1985. In most examples on ebay these sellers just use the same exact JPEG
    image of a sale receipt and will put a disclaimer in the listing that the receipt isn't included (mainly because they don't actually have one.)

• Options

Ok. Thank you guys !