Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

If I have an unattributed major variety, can I still add it to that slot in my registry set?

I currently have an 1824 Capped Bust half in a PCGS holder, but in actuality it's the 1824/4 variety (O-109). Is there any way I could get this coin entered into that slot in my registry, or would I have to resubmit that coin to get that designation?

Comments

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would ask PCGS to listen or look at your evidence and see if they will re-holder the variety label correctly for you. However, I do not think they will attribute those varieties without a special fee, but that could depend on other factors. Good luck.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2022 9:48AM

You can either email them or follow the below. Either way, yes, you an use it as a CBH.

EDIT: If you specifically need the variety for a variety set (I am not familiar with an Overton Registry Set but maybe that is what you're referring to?) then yes, PCGS needs to certify the variety and put it on the slab - so yes you would need to resubmit to get the variety.

EDIT AGAIN: The PCGS # you would need on the slab for it to be eligible for a variety set is 39643 which is the 1824/4 50C Overton 109 coin #. If you do not, and have PCGS#6140 which is the 1824/4 50C then you would need to resubmit to get the proper designation attribution.