Home Sports Talk
Options

footage of double d at the dentist yesterday

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, my appointment isn't until tomorrow morning, meanwhile I'm in agony, I think my tooth is abscess because my mouth is starting to swell a bit. I can't eat much, can't sleep much, it hurts like heck. I hope he just pulls the dang tooth, the bloodier the better!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Actually, my appointment isn't until tomorrow morning, meanwhile I'm in agony, I think my tooth is abscess because my mouth is starting to swell a bit. I can't eat much, can't sleep much, it hurts like heck. I hope he just pulls the dang tooth, the bloodier the better!

sorry you're going through that, i know it royally sucks. my old man is a retired dentist so i have familiarity. if your appointment isn't until tomorrow morning, take 4 Advil to alleviate the pain and help get you through the night. i know you talked about pulling the tooth, but also consider talking to your dentist about a potential root canal. the con is that it's not cheap (especially without dental insurance), but the pros are the bark is much worse than the bite and, most important of all, it can save your tooth.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

sorry you're going through that, i know it royally sucks. my old man is a retired dentist so i have familiarity. if your appointment isn't until tomorrow morning, take 4 Advil to alleviate the pain and help get you through the night. i know you talked about pulling the tooth, but also consider talking to your dentist about a potential root canal. the con is that it's not cheap (especially without dental insurance), but the pros are the bark is much worse than the bite and, most important of all, it can save your tooth.

Thanks buddy, I've been through this before, one time I had an abscess tooth and the right side of my face swelled up pretty bad, I had to have it pulled. I'll talk to the dentist about it and see what he says, meanwhile I'm just taking ibuprofen to ease the pain. It's amazing how much pain a little tooth can cause, it's tortuous!

• Options

• Options

DD, hope you can get through the night and morning until your appointment.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    DD, hope you can get through the night and morning until your appointment.

Thank you buddy, don't worry, I can take it, I'll soldier on!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2022 6:05PM

• Options

One thing's for sure, I get no sympathy from the wife, none!

• Options

Ah yes, today is the big day, it's time to separate the men from the boys.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you swish some H2O2 in your mouth, that might kill some of the bacteria that are causing the infection in your tooth base. The puss is pressing against a nerve.

Hydrogen peroxide.

*I'm not a doctor.

Have a nice day
  • Options

@streeter said:
    If you swish some H2O2 in your mouth, that might kill some of the bacteria that are causing the infection in your tooth base. The puss is pressing against a nerve.

Hydrogen peroxide.

*I'm not a doctor.

I actually have tried that before and it made my tooth hurt more because the hydrogen peroxide was a bit too cold for it. An abscessed tooth is ridiculously sensitive to temperature. Anyway, I got the tooth pulled today, my mouth is sore and a bit numb but I'm relieved to be rid of that tooth.

• Options

After the dentist pulled my tooth, he showed it to me, and if you look real close, you can see the infection inside the tooth.

• Options
    edited August 26, 2022 1:45PM

Now bring on those Patti Labelle sweet potato pies.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Now bring on those Patti Labelle sweet potato pies.

B)

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2022 4:15PM

How's the tooth?

ETA: or lack of tooth?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    How's the tooth?

It's still a little sore in that area, but I'm fine, I'm just relieved to have that thing out! 🖒

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:
    How's the tooth?

It's still a little sore in that area, but I'm fine, I'm just relieved to have that thing out! 🖒

Are you wearing it as a necklace?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:
    How's the tooth?

Are you wearing it as a necklace?

No, unfortunately my wife gets grossed out by stuff like that, I had to let the dentist keep it and dispose of it. 😳