Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

NAME THESE PLAYERS- 2005 ASTROS TEAM

OK going to crowdsource possible solutions to an item I own
The Astros in 2005 went to the World Series for the first time in 44 years
A famous picture was snapped at the start of the NLCS winning celebration and put on a card
TEN Astros players/coaches etc were pictured

I'm at a loss on the ten players ( not an Astros fan ) so would appreciate knowing who the ten are in the picture
Two are hidden from view. I tried blowing the picture up with no success
Someone know this picture and know the players ??

Comments

• PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Jeff Bagwell, second from left on bottom.

Roy Oswalt, red jacket.

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

Very bottom left Berkman. Bottom right partial name might be Jason Lane? Jumping on Lane is Willy Taveras. Jose Vizcaino is on left with his mouth open.

• mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:
    OK going to crowdsource possible solutions to an item I own
    The Astros in 2005 went to the World Series for the first time in 44 years
    A famous picture was snapped at the start of the NLCS winning celebration and put on a card
    TEN Astros players/coaches etc were pictured

I'm at a loss on the ten players ( not an Astros fan ) so would appreciate knowing who the ten are in the picture
    Two are hidden from view. I tried blowing the picture up with no success
    Someone know this picture and know the players ??

Someone is going to add this to the Jeff Bagwell master set, I just know it.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a view from another angle. I don't see Bagwell at all. The guy next to Berkman looks to be Eric Bruntlett.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2022 5:00PM

Here's the box score from game 6 of the 2005 NLCS. This should help narrow down (somewhat) who most of the guys gathered on the mound are, by looking who was on defense at the time. Bagwell didn't even play, and Biggio wasn't in the field for the final out.

• stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Here's video footage of the final out, with the photo of your card at the 24 second mark in the video.

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭

So a very astute individual who uses Getty Images a lot and is sorta known for being an expert on picture identification helped out. First time I've dealt with them in years ( recognized their user ID when I saw it)

Lance Berkman, Willy Taveras, Eric Bruntlett, Jose Vizcaino, Mike Lamb,
    Adam Everett, Chris Burke, Roy Oswalt and Orlando Palmeiro are pictured on my item
    Charles Gipson arrived a wee bit after the photo

None of Clemens , Biggio, or Bagwell - 3 players I was "hoping" might be , but sadly are not pictured

@mcadams = that was one of my concerns ( I sell a lot to the PSA registry folks, so yes I'd buy more if any of the 3 were pictured)

Thanks folks. I just don't have time to do the all the homework sometimes so the helps appreciated B)

• PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Wow nice find on the second picture. Definitely not Bagwell!