Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Outbid on ebay....

The other day I bid on two cards from the same seller. I lost both of them. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember this:

Item one I lost to bidder 1-----y (13,095 feedback)

Item 2 i lost to bidder a-----7 (13,095 feedback).

Remember its the same seller. The names aren't 100% right but the feedback numbers matched each others. Remarkable.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

They probably know you are hoarding all the OPC cards. 😀

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayhawke said:

OMG that is funny! At least he hasn't started hoarding OPC Hockey!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

The names are never the same in ebay land... the feedback score is the way to go~ right on..... couldn't it be coincidental that you both wanted the same cards?? I am not sure it's a "WaterGate" coverup here.

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I always check sellers other items if I plan on bidding. If they have anything else I think I might get at a good price, I’ll bid just to save on shipping costs.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    The names are never the same in ebay land... the feedback score is the way to go~ right on..... couldn't it be coincidental that you both wanted the same cards?? I am not sure it's a "WaterGate" coverup here.

i lost two different auctions from the same seller and both winners "just happened to have feedback" of 13,095. i call bulls---

• Options

@jayhawke said:

they weren't opc's. that's what threw me. lol!!!

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:

@ScoobyDoo2 said:

i lost two different auctions from the same seller and both winners "just happened to have feedback" of 13,095. i call bulls---

The eBay ID is randomized from transaction to transaction, but the feedback score stays the same, which is how you know it was indeed just a single buyer that beat you on both bids.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2022 5:18AM

@olb31 ... No, its the same buyer~ there are NOT two different buyers.... Ebay changes the lettering of the same buyer in its descriptions to offer anonymity. IF I look at two different auctions that I bid on my name is changed in both~ they are not the same even though I am bidding on both .... the feedback number however is the same in both ~ that's the identifier....You copy?

• Options
    davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

For a bit there I thought you were joking about this....now Im starting to think you are serious. The name of the buyer is hidden on each buy and is never the same. Only the feedback # will stay the same.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

Was the selling accounts feedback the same as the winning bidders feedback?

• Options

@swish54 said:
    Was the selling accounts feedback the same as the winning bidders feedback?

No. But both of their bids were everywhere on this "famous" seller. > @davin72 said:

For a bit there I thought you were joking about this....now Im starting to think you are serious. The name of the buyer is hidden on each buy and is never the same. Only the feedback # will stay the same.

It really happened. Yes i assume the two people are really one person.