Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submission Question

I have several high end 2021 Leaf Pro Set autographed cards I would like to submit and get in a PSA slab. These come from Leaf in a magnetic case and then have a Leaf sticker affixed over the top of the case to seal it. Obviously since they arrive this way they have never been touched after the person at Leaf put them in the case. It would seem to me that the best way to submit something like this is to submit in the case it came in, but from reading the PSA website and other forums I am led to believe that I still need to crack these out of the Leaf case, put in a penny sleeve / card saver, and then submit.

Which should I do - send in magnetic case as received by Leaf or crack and put in penny sleeve / card saver and then send to PSA! Photo for reference for a similar card I am talking about (I put the mag touch in yet another plastic sleeve so the blemishes in the photo aren’t on the actual card). Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2022 12:23PM

I would put them in the preferred holders as stated by PSA, they will also be more secure (no movement within the holders themselves), just do the cardboard sandwich and plenty of protection (bubble, foam, etc) in the shipping box and you are golden.

As per PSA:

"PSA strongly advises against submitting items in hard acrylic snap cases, top loaders or screw down holders due to their potential to damage the item during shipment. If items are received in such holders, PSA will accept them but reserves the right to automatically remove them from these cases and place them in Card Savers for ease of processing."

So even if you do submit in those holders, they will move them to card savers, and personally, I would rather have less people there handling my cards as possible.