Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Most Popular Coin Collecting Channel on YouTube (Couch Collectibles)

CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a June 2022 article where it is stated that Couch Collectibles is the most subscribed to coin collecting channel on YouTube with over 420K subscribers.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/louisville/news/2022/06/06/coin-collector-youtuber

Here's one of his videos with over a million views if you're interested (I didn't watch it all):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmQR4gtpZ0

Good for the hobby? I'd say generally yes in raising awareness but obviously with an emphasis on jackpot collecting. Perhaps that leads some to our forum with their mysterious findings.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, he is very informative.
    Been watching him for quite sometime.
    However, many other channels are just as good or even better.
    He's a good guy. Did not realize how many subscribers he had though.
    Wow! They receive funds from YouTube too!
    Thanks for posting.
    ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few of my favorites, PCGS, Heritage, Witter Coin, Classical Numismatics, told in stone, coin television, ANA... There's a bunch of good coin channels...

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dr. G and CoinTable are far and away the best numismatic YouTubers out there. All of their videos are highly entertaining and full of good and correct information, which is a rarity for YouTube coin videos.

Coin Photographer.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s YouTube? 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl said:
    Dr. G

Hasn't he been not making videos for years now?

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would seem that popular does not equate to educational. I don't watch any of the youtube junk but from what has been said it seems that this operator is hyping the get rich quick stuff, so its no real surprise that he is popular.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2022 3:05PM

I also avoid the you tube crap as it just seems it's all "get rich from pocket change" click bait. Then members on these forums have to break the bad news and explain the whole story (many times to unbelieving and /or argumentative newbies)

That being said, I think positive recommendations from established members like @FlyingAl have some merit and may warrant a look (I noted you posted "correct information" in your post)

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2022 12:50PM

I occasionally go to the tube, but just to get a specific answer on identifying a coin variety. I'd rather ask the question here or go directly to a member. The knowledge of the members on this forum is strong and freely given. MAY THE FORUM BE WITH YOU B)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cladiator said:

@FlyingAl said:
    Dr. G

Unfortunately yes, but the coins showed in his videos are worth a rewatch every now and then.

Coin Photographer.

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl said:

@Cladiator said:

@FlyingAl said:
    Dr. G

Unfortunately yes, but the coins showed in his videos are worth a rewatch every now and then.

True, good point. The channel "Make Numismatics Great Again" is good and worth checking out too.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2022 3:10PM

About useful YouTube streams/videos.
    I mentioned this one a number of times.
    The channel that is a great educational one is
    "info@livecoinqa.com".
    This is the one that has a panel of 4-5 well informed teachers on the current or old school variety coins of our present day! Every viewer gets the chance to post a coin or two by email to them and get to talk about their coin/s. I been a frequent viewer that post many of my coins on their weekly streams. They even like me! :D
    No seriously, this channel is worth a look into, believe me. Tell them "Joey K." said, "Hi!".
    As a matter of fact, they're on tonight!
    7:30pm Central time.
    Check it out guys.
    One of my coins will be featured again.
    :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file