Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Really Crazy Error I can’t figure out

Mike59Mike59 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
edited August 20, 2022 2:11PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Over 20 years ago I went to the bank to cash my paycheck and got these 3 sequential serial number $50. The note in the middle has no Green Treasury seal even though it has the other Green ink. Can it be an obstruction error??

MIKE B.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 20, 2022 5:47PM

Wow TY. I couldn’t find any information on that. Funny how it says $20’s and $100’s and nothing about $50’s and I’ve never seen another one. I’m glad I kept all 3.
    Thanks for info
    Mike

MIKE B.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@Mike59 said:
    Wow TY. I couldn’t find any information on that. Funny how it says $20’s and $100’s and nothing about $50’s and I’ve never seen another one. I’m glad I kept all 3.
    Thanks for info
    Mike

-This is a perfect example of when collecting sequential serial numbers actually can be a plus. Bookends from the actual error note like your OP are quite pleasing to see. Great set!

• Options

Excellent find and explanation. Keep that set together for life.

• Options
    usrarecurrencyusrarecurrency Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2022 7:10PM

I have a $100

• Options

I know it’s been a while since I first posted this error. I still cannot find another example of series 1996 $50 missing green treasury seal. I have seen $20’s and $100’s but no $50’s. I’m going to send all 3 out together for grading & im thinking of using PMG. Any of suggestions on which Paper Money TPG company? Should I try our forums Sponser?
    Thanks,
    Mike

MIKE B.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good that you saved them all these years.