Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Received an awesome offer today….

Just got a private message on Facebook with an offer to trade a few boxes of 2019 Bowman mega plus a wander Franco purple rookie for a very nice looking 86 fleer Jordan rookie. I had to ask the person to clarify because that type of deal would’ve been about a six to $7000 net profit for me, it was not sure whether the person was either a newbie to the hobby or was trying to pull something. Once I got the scan of the Jordan it seems my hunch was correct unless I am clueless. This looks like it is missing all of the tell tale signs of a fake Jordan - no decimal point in the scoring average 27.2, basketball does not show the grid lines.. what does everyone else think? 🤔

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please clarify? I assume you are getting the MJ.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Fake, as you assumed.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2022 12:28PM

I am always hesitant about buying/trading for a raw card…since it might be altered. I would want it authenticated and graded by PSA. Watch out Keith! Before the dawn of grading companies in the early 1990s…it was a mine field in this hobby. I was fooled a few times with trimmed/altered cards in the 1980s.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

fake

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

They should at least try to fake the holder before you give further consideration.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I already knew it was fake. First clue was offering a deal too good to be true - that always sets off alarm bells. Second is the back of the card. Decimal point in the scoring avg is missing - no “.” Between the 27 and 2. Also, the right lower corner basketball has no details or seam lines. Plus - a card like this should be graded and I told him grade it and get it back and we can deal.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look at the details. Just think how much money he's leaving on the table! Do it and run to the bank!
    This scam will be here for the next 1,000+ years