Home Q & A Forum
Options

1957 wheat cent

I found a 1957 D mint mark wheat cent with the double mint mark. I was wondering if it had any value. I'm new to coin collecting. I had a local shop tell me it was worth about $0.02 and that's what he would give me for it. Was wondering if he was just trying to get over on me

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. It is customary to post clear in focus close up pics of the obv and rev of a coin, in order to get responses. You may have to invest some time in the forum before get permission to post pics. In the mean time, read, use the keyword search to find info. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

You can try to match it up here, it must be exact, close doesn't cut it. Fair chance it's machine doubling.
    http://www.varietyvista.com/02a LC RPMs Vol 1/RPMs 1957D.htm

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it turns out to be mechanical doubling or die deterioration (lots more of those than true repunched mm), 2 cents for your wheat cent was a fair offer from a dealer

Member of the ANA since 1982