Homeβ€Ί Sports Talk
Options

Thank You, Cooper Kupp!

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 17, 2022 10:04PM in Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome ring, what's the story behind it?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

now THAT is a ring!!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited August 18, 2022 10:07AM

@doubledragon said:

Yea, I messed up my post trying to edit it.......as usual!
    Anyway, The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant received a gift yesterday from headquarters. That ring! She was so happy! Kupp is her favorite player and I guess somebody knew that so it was a nice added touch.

The top of the ring pops off and yes, there is a tiny SoFi Stadium inside. Ooh La La!

I got something too......A 4 square inch piece of SoFi artificial turf from the Super Bowl. It's encased in really super nice plastic and the turf sticks out so I touch and brush it anytime I want. Now I can have a vicarious Super Bowl experience anytime I get the urge.

She got the ring and all I got was this piece of fake plastic grass. 😡

Oh!, And when she was showing off her ring she said, "I'm going to Disneyland! "......She just left....with her sister.....The Cheerleader......Oh, Gawd!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't show off this ring and also be noncommittal on who you want to win week one. I demand commitment @hydrant !! Give your allegiance, NOW , to the Rams, or never brush that turf again!! You choose...

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Yea, I messed up my post trying to edit it.......as usual!
    Anyway, The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant received a gift yesterday from headquarters. That ring! She was so happy! Kupp is her favorite player and I guess somebody knew that so it was a nice added touch.

The top of the ring pops off and yes, there is a tiny SoFi Stadium inside. Ooh La La!

I got something too......A 4 square inch piece of SoFi artificial turf from the Super Bowl. It's encased in really super nice plastic and the turf sticks out so I touch and brush it anytime I want. Now I can have a vicarious Super Bowl experience anytime I get the urge.

She got the ring and all I got was this piece of fake plastic grass. 😡

Oh!, And when she was showing off her ring she said, "I'm going to Disneyland! "......She just left....with her sister.....The Cheerleader......Oh, Gawd!

Terry is jealous!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

i always feel like i'm reliving middle school with every scoop-less fire hydrant story

gettin me all hot n bothered n teasing the crap outta me

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    You can't show off this ring and also be noncommittal on who you want to win week one. I demand commitment @hydrant !! Give your allegiance, NOW , to the Rams, or never brush that turf again!! You choose...

Rams.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

and all I gat was ..

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of β€œbuying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2022 2:21PM

Messed up another post trying to edit it!!.....Let it go Showboat!........... I'm hopeless with the edits!.......I'll be back!
    And get it right!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

Rams.

πŸ‘πŸ‘
    🏈🏈
    πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
    And I'll be right there with you rooting for a Rams victory. Also hoping that @2dueces returns.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    and all I gat was ..

Love it. I had one. No longer have a land line at home. It might be worth reinstalling just to get one of these and relive the Sports Illustrated heyday.

• Options

back in 1977 i gave a ring to a girl in kindergarten and got socked in the jimmy

• Options
    edited August 18, 2022 2:40PM

@galaxy27 said:
    i always feel like i'm reliving middle school with every scoop-less fire hydrant story

It's because my brain got frozen in the 8th grade........Everyone knows that!......Where have you been?!?!?!?!?!

That's me......third from the left in the front row.

It's all their fault!......

• Options

@Hydrant said:

you were looking a little paul from wonder years-esque fire hydrant

but hey you ended up with winnie cooper and that's all that matters

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Hydrant said:

you were looking a little paul from wonder years-esque fire hydrant

Ahhh. Winnie Cooper. Yowza! Yowza! Yowza!

• Options
    edited August 19, 2022 6:59AM

@galaxy27 said:

Yea, you're right Galixico......I had a long range plan. First I had to get rid of one.....And it wasn't easy.......

The " THINGS" I had to endure on my journey to paradise!.... OMG!!...Oh, well.....It was worth it........I think?

• Options
    edited August 18, 2022 9:09PM

>
    @doubledragon said:

Terry is jealous!

Problem is that's an old pic of " Big Sis."....Real old....Otherwise, yes, her and Terry would be be a perfect fit......now......

• Options
    edited August 18, 2022 9:05PM

@LandrysFedora said:
    >

Ahhh. Winnie Cooper. Yowza! Yowza! Yowza!

Hey, Laundromat...... Why are you doing this to me?......WHY?
    I'm Home Alone......Time to go to bed!.....WHY?!?!?