Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

TONIGHT at GC - PCGS AU58 CAC 1907 No Motto Gold Eagle & Toned CAC 1892 Columbian Half

CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 25, 2022 7:24AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

New edits:

This is a really nice type example for the No Motto Eagle where CAC has beaned 46 at this level. I bought this from CRO years ago.

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/1230075/1907-Indian-Gold-Eagle-No-Motto-No-Periods-PCGS-AU-58-CAC

================================================================================

And here is the colorful undergraded Columbian (perhaps available on the cheap?)

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/1230076/1892-World-Columbian-Exposition-Half-Dollar-PCGS-MS-64-CAC-Toned

PCGS 64 CAC, graded just after OGH series ended (4.0 slab). I believe it's a lock for 65 if sent for reconsideration. Last GC toned CAC examples July 2022 (64 $405, 2019 65 $ 462). Obverse extremely lustrous, reverse has tiny X scratch hidden in attractive circular toning at 2:30 near sail, otherwise no marks.

This coin was purchased from Tom Bush years ago. Columbian pictures are accurate (taken by TB).

=================================================================================

Thank you!

(Prior edit removed barber dime pic and info since dime sold to member here).

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Comments

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, nice coins!!!

• Options
    CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woah!!! Very nice

• Options
    GrantuGrantu Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Would you be able to post a pic of the slab for the barber. Very curious to see what it looks like because sometimes true view can be a lot different than what the naked eye looks like. Good or bad. I’m just curious from a toning standpoint. Thanks!

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Grantu said:
    Would you be able to post a pic of the slab for the barber. Very curious to see what it looks like because sometimes true view can be a lot different than what the naked eye looks like. Good or bad. I’m just curious from a toning standpoint. Thanks!

I believe @Catbert already mentioned that those photos were taken by me, so they are not PCGS TVs. If you look closely you can even see the gasket going around the edges of the Barber dime. Both coins are absolutely fabulous pieces.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    GrantuGrantu Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Sorry didn’t process that part. Just got excited when I saw the barber. Thanks for the help.

• Options

Bump for today.

• Options

Bump

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks great even in GC's pics... It has a really clean cheek for type! Since they were issued in rolls most all have that nasty wishbone shaped stacking rub. I looked high and low for one without that prior to the 100-year 1992 anniversary and just couldn't find one to satisfy me.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

Yes, the obverse is mark free and has glowing luster. It's a pretty coin. Thanks for your comment.

• Options

Bumpilicious with gold eagle added.

• Options

• Options

4 days to go!

• Options

• Options

2 days…..

• Options

Tomorrow night!

• Options

Here we go!

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a fair price on the $10 based on where other auctions have been and a very nice toner premium on the Columbian. Congrats!