Home Sports Talk

It's Cleveland against the world

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deshaun Watson was heckled and booed the other night when he played in the preseason game, Browns OL Joel Bitonio took issue with it, and said it's Cleveland against the world this season!

Comments

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's only going to get worse

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2022 11:43AM

They're still not making the playoffs this year

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to watching this unfold, and Joel Bitonio's quote increases the drama factor, and the timing is perfect because the Browns have just released photos of their alternate helmets.

edited August 16, 2022 12:20PM

I secretly rooted for Cleveland to win but I hope they turn into a disaster with Watson, it really annoys me that they gave him such a massive contract with this year being only 1 million to take care of him if he gets hit with the suspension

You have to wonder if the boos and heckles is going to effect his psyche, he was 1-5 with 7 yds passing against the Jaguars.

He needs to just relax before games, take it easy, get a good meal in his stomach, some chinese food perhaps. 🤔

@doubledragon said:
    You have to wonder if the boos and heckles is going to effect his psyche, he was 1-5 with 7 yds passing against the Jaguars.

I doubt he was even trying all that much, he is an elite QB aside from everything else going on, but then again he has a guaranteed contract and realizes he won't be playing anytime soon

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are those the massager's legs or something else?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

i sure wish zu-qiu season would hurry up and get here

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    i sure wish zu-qiu season would hurry up and get here

Yes! I need to get my Chakra going good

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I doubt he was even trying all that much, he is an elite QB aside from everything else going on, but then again he has a guaranteed contract and realizes he won't be playing anytime soon

Probably a bit rusty as well, he hasn't played in a while, his receivers actually did drop a couple of his passes so it's not all on him.

@Alfonz24 said:
    Are those the massager's legs or something else?

I don't know what you're talking about.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hasn't it always been Cleveland against the world?

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

@spacehayduke said:
    Hasn't it always been Cleveland against the world?

Solid point lol

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Browns fans used to have some solidified support from the fans of other teams. They were really down in it. Down and out. I remember keets talking about the hope that Mayfield brought, and how he felt something that he hadn't felt in forever. I think in Baker the Browns had found the right kind of guy to stick with. He was just good enough to get things done and just crazy enough to think he could do those things as a Brown.

But the Browns couldn't stick with the one that brought them there. They had to have more. They had tasted a bit of success and even more future success felt palpable. So they went after Watson, gave him a contract beyond the bounds of anything the NFL has ever seen, and kicked Baker out of the house. And now they are telling themselves that they will have the last laugh.

But the love that was once feasted upon the Browns (as lovable losers) has gone away. I know that there are a lot of hardcore Browns fans who are just sick of this and want nothing other than to talk football.

At this point the guy got his punishment, let him serve it and move along

That's the way I see it

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

That's the way I see it

Supposedly he has been doing counseling and will have to continue doing so. If that has had any impact on him, great.

Ten years from now, we will most likely know how his career played out.

I think Browns fans are stuck in a weird place. They are catching a lot of hate.

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

That's the way I see it

Supposedly he has been doing counseling and will have to continue doing so. If that has had any impact on him, great.

Ten years from now, we will most likely know how his career played out.

I think Browns fans are stuck in a weird place. They are catching a lot of hate.

The counseling is just nonsense that is part of his punishment or his attempt to make it good with everyone thinking he is trying to get help, either way he just needs to find more legitimate places to handle his urges.

I'm not judging the guy too bad other than his deviant behavior is kind of creepy, meaning him targeting legit professional women