Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

From My Recent Order

ELuisELuis Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2022 11:49AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I recently got this, and can see that images pop-up but still no trueviews.

6/22/2022-8/1/2022 - World Express

3 came graded and the other as cleaned (Genuine (92 - Cleaned)) on my submission marked do not holder these, so some more money that goes into the tuition yikes on this, but it is what it is.

I will replace the images as soon the TV show up, for the coins that came up as cleaned, I will try to sell those.
Edit: the TrueViews are now ready.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice group. I like that 1800 1/2R quite a bit!

We've all paid a lot of numismatic tuition to PCGS over the years :) Do you have the coins back? Thoughts on why PCGS called the other 3 cleaned?

• Options
    edited August 18, 2022 5:51PM

^Thank you

I will try to post some images, since I went the route of Do Not Holder option on my submission.

The Peso 1913 Caballito they added harshly cleaned, when I compared with one of my graded coins of the same type but being a 1910 Peso MS62 the coin to me have the same finish on all surfaces or are way too similar, I do not see too much of difference, the coin look nice.

The 1987 Zs FZ marked just as cleaned & Do Not Holder, to me the fields, design looks good, but I am not an expert, one of these days (I hope soon, I am getting old, so time flies, :) )

The same on the Maximilian Peso, I compared it with many other simiar ones, but then marked as cleaned.

Edit: I posted the coins marked as cleaned on the BST for sale, including two other ones from another order, and were sold, and just as curiosity, when I went to edit the post and changed to sold on the title, and inside the description, the post simple is not avail anymore, if I checked the cached it is marked as 'discussion not found' maybe it is by design, but first time for me.

• Options

@TwoKopeiki Do you think this is a variety? noticed the extra dot, it is more like a little depression, but with the exact diameter as the normal dot on the right side:

If it is I did not asked for this to be checked.

Thanks.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a re-punched / moved dot. A very minor variety that normally would not be recognized unless you paid extra for mint error tier.

• Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2022 8:17PM

Sometimes you gotta send them in again if you disagree. Some coins are borderline acceptable and half the time they holder.

The ones you posted are quite nice, LOVE the 1800 1/2 real.

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.