Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

One a Day- tokens and medals for sale!

This thread will go all week. I'll be posting some fun tokens and medals for sale at very reasonable prices. One a day! Free shipping
Ain't It Hell To Be Poor, $25

You don't have to have much money to own this one, but it's worth $1,000,000 in Good Luck. Struck in brass and about half dollar size, you'll love the pictorial of the moon grinning wildly.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
"Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Comments

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2022 10:07AM

Dancing Camel/Buffalo Ismailia Shriners token-Buffalo, NY July 1916, $25

If you dont find camels and buffalos frolicking on their hind legs sexy, you better check your pulse. Owning this token will be the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice.. I may let a few go myself, changing directions again :smile:

(1874) Rev. William Otterbein medal by W.H. Key, $50

Show of hands, how many thought this was Ben Franklin? Nope. This is William Frickin' Otterbien! A lesser known subject sure, but struck by famous medalist William H. Key of Philadelphia.
    A nice piece, about the size of a silver dollar and quite thick. Struck in white metal.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

edited August 29, 2022 7:41AM

Ok this one really is Ben Franklin:
    1835 Boston School Medal Silver AU by Wright & Bale, NY Awarded to J. McIntire SOLD

Almost 200 years old, this fascinating piece of Americana was "A Gift of Franklin."
    Boston’s most famous citizen left the city a large amount of money upon his death to continue to strike silver medals like this to deserving school boys . J. McIntire earned his in 1835
    Struck by the famous duo of Wright and Bale.
    Charles Cushing Wright, that's right!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

Elgin Watch Co. Medal, Illinois. Flashy unc. $90

I love this piece, and you will too. The famous obverse die features father time (although looks like the Devil) calmly tossing an hourglass in favor of one of Elgin's watches. All the while strolling along with a scythe over his shoulder. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the Devil. The horns on his head give it away.
    Russ Rulau liked it so much, this type graced the cover of his monumental book, "Standard Catalogue of United States Tokens 1700-1900."

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    B. Max Mehl storecard, Ft. Worth, Texas. Crusty XF, $25
    Buy this well endowed monkey creature and always have good luck! From the shop of legendary coin dealer, B. Max Mehl

It's a Texas thingy a Cow as a Cowboy with a Lasso and that's its tail dangling down not saggy testies.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
    edited August 17, 2022 2:10PM

25 grams .999 silver ingot, SOLD

Featuring the handsome mug of Dwight Eisenhower. I like Ike. I LOVE silver ❤️

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

George Washington/ Strassburger & Nuhn. Miller-NY 846, Brass XF-AU. $35

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

Here's an incredibly cool token that is pretty rare. Not only does it feature the iconic cherub beating off a bear with a monkey wrench to save his soda, but it is paired with the extreeeemely hard to find R.H. Macy reverse die. You know the name... of Macy's department store fame? Yes, that Macy! How this ties into soda, I have no idea. Maybe he had a fountain in his shop when it was alot smaller. I find it interesting that the MACY*S logo used a star, and we have one here from nearly 150 years ago. Maybe more than a coincidence.
    1876 John Matthews Soda Water, New York/ R.H. Macy & Co. Soda Water Star with "9" copper, XF with tiny, miniscule rim bump unnoticeable from the obverse. RULAU NY 197A, $175

It's thick, too. Thick enough to stand on it's edge.
    Perhaps this little magic trick is where that "tiny, miniscule" rim bump came from? LOL (It's very small and appears only on the reverse edge.)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

George Washington 31mm medal struck in silvered white metal/unissued Civil War Dog tag, Flashy AU. ex. Ken Bauer. $350

This amazing piece of Americana was struck as an identification disc to be worn on the uniform of a Union soldier during the Civil War. A sutler would have engraved or stamped his name, rank, unit, and hometown on the reverse. Piece has quite a bit of luster remaining and is much nicer than pictures indicate! Very hard to find unissued and not holed for suspension like this

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

edited August 21, 2022 8:29AM

A.C. Yates & Co. Token, XF $25

Flashback to a time when there were actual gentlemen in Philadelphia with this attractive merchant token. (And if traveling to Philadelphia, remember to keep your wallet in your front pocket.)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

1850 MEDICINAL USE ONLY Token, BALDWIN & CO. / PATENT APRIL 13, 1858 / Crown 18 / Eagle, VF Host; VF Counterstamp. Brunk B-Unlisted, Rulau Ky 40. Holed. ex. Donald Partrick, $130

This is an interesting piece with three counterstamps on the reverse, Ripe for research!

From Heritage:
    Letters in relief within ribbon-style depression. This is a Jefferson County, Kentucky brass token with a stylish mark for Baldwin & Co. The counterstamp die was made for one of their watchcase patents -- or perhaps for a simultaneous bank vault patent -- all granted on April 13, 1858. Ex: Dorge Auction (6/1974), lot 1233

It comes with Mr. Patricks's little envelope which he presumably kept it in for decades. I just love these things. Really shows the passion of his collecting, as it is covered in his handwriting, documenting the provenance and date of acquisition.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

edited August 23, 2022 5:04AM

1888, Benjamin Harrison medalet, DeWitt BH-1888-12, NGC AU50, $120

This medal is so cool it should be cracked out and worn around the neck of an astute collector while cruising the bourse for women.

chicks love medallions

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

Benjamin Harrison campaign medal in Riker mount to go with above, $75

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM Sent

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members