Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone buying the 2022-S American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin on Tuesday, August 9th?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

It was certainly an easy purchase, but I'm glad I was able to get the 2022-S ASE. Didn't want to go to a dealer if I didn't have to. Now, with enrollments starting next year, they should come automatically (but we never really know with the Mint). Signed up for both the W and S.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

More will come. Why people pressed, this is NOT scarce at all. Come back in a year and see what the interest is. Heck, even the 2019 s EHRP is no big deal now (although I DO like that one).

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    More will come. Why people pressed, this is NOT scarce at all. Come back in a year and see what the interest is. Heck, even the 2019 s EHRP is no big deal now (although I DO like that one).

Sold prices on ebay suggest the 2019 S ERP is still a bit of a big deal.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. And the absolutely stunning W 2019 gets no respect 😉🦫🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fox9487 said:

@7Jaguars said:

Sold prices on ebay suggest the 2019 S ERP is still a bit of a big deal.

Nope, not my point although you might want to compare prices to immediate post-release. The interest level has dropped and people are holding on to these (like me), but point was and not deflecting that there simply are not that many collectors of eagles relatively and the mintages of this year's eagles are just waaaaay to high.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭

On sale for a good 30s this morning. Not sure the count but was able to grab one.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

Yes sir. Plenty of time to grab some 😉🙀🦫🎣

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    3 on enrollment

My box of 3 S ASE delivered yesterday, remains unopen for now...

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@Joe_360 said:
    3 on enrollment

Please see this post from @pointfivezero.

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

@Joe_360 said:
    3 on enrollment

Could you please weigh the package and let us know.
    Pointfivezero is trying to get a weight on a 3 coin order , shipping box and all. He’s over on the ase W proof thread. Post here or over there. He’d be grateful I’m sure
    Thanks. 😉🙀🦫

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@Joe_360 said:
    3 on enrollment

Could you please weigh the package and let us know.
    Pointfivezero is trying to get a weight on a 3 coin order , shipping box and all. He’s over on the ase W proof thread. Post here or over there. He’d be grateful I’m sure
    Thanks. 😉🙀🦫

The box states .0750 LBS.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2022 7:15AM

@Joe_360 said:

The box states .0750 LBS.

Thanks for the response.

Is the decimal in the correct spot?
    The three coins should weigh more than that by themselves.

Edited.

• Options

Sorry, still early here on the Westcoast...

0.750 LBS :)

• Options

Box:
    8.25 x 2.18 x 6.25

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Joe_360 and @Jzyskowski1. I was just starting a chat with the Mint. A sleepless night for no reason at all.

Appreciate you putting my mind at ease but still confused by the different weights for the same quantity of Eagles.

Tim

• Options

@pointfivezero said:
    Thanks @Joe_360 and @Jzyskowski1. I was just starting a chat with the Mint. A sleepless night for no reason at all.

Appreciate you putting my mind at ease but still confused by the different weights for the same quantity of Eagles.

Tim

It's the US Mint, it's their nature to confuse us...

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an enrollment for 1 each, not sure why anymore, not getting them graded or placed in an album.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

perhaps some of you big spenders on new mint releases can get together with burdette or someone well-versed in NNP archive document searching and find some antiquated mint protocols on how to strike/handle high-end freshly minted coins ms/pr.

they were making better quality proofs in 10x worse conditions 150+ years ago. so we know, very well, it is quite possible to do w/o spotting or other issues and it really shouldn't cause any cost increase issues either.

anyone want to guess how much money is lost in value on unnecessary spotting for 69 and especially 70 coins? how about potential buyers that decide not to buy because of the almost guaranteed value loss, which if the numbers i've seen are correct, is nothing to sneeze at!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file