Home Sports Talk

College football and bowl schedule for 2022

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭

As a UCLA fan I am embarrassed by their weakest non-conf schedule I have ever seen them schedule and it's not even close....

Bowling Green
    Alabama State
    South Alabama

Not sure if those teams are even D1!?

Only to be outdone by the Bruin hoops teams who scheduled a bunch of "mid" majors that aren't quite mid yet!

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

The First Coaches poll was released yesterday.

1. Alabama
    2. Ohio State.
    3. Georgia
    4. Clemson
    5. Notre Dame

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/coaches-poll/2022-2023/2022-08-08/

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oregon-Georgia, what a start to the season!

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
    edited August 10, 2022 5:44PM

Week one . College gameday

5 Notre Dame vs #2 Ohio State

Ignore list -Basebal21

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bring it On.....Oh Yeah......I'm Ready....And do not disturb me.....Hold all of my calls except for Mr. Phillips... :)

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73

Yikes... that is a significant departure and disappointment from the traditional schedule for the UCLANS... I suspect Red Sander has turned in his grave. If one looks back at the UCLA football schedules starting post war (1946) , they are among the toughest in NCAA football history. Looks as if UCLA is following in the footsteps of Minnesota with a non conference schedule that fails to pass the straight face test.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:
    As a UCLA fan I am embarrassed by their weakest non-conf schedule I have ever seen them schedule and it's not even close....

Bowling Green
    Alabama State
    South Alabama

Only to be outdone by the Bruin hoops teams who scheduled a bunch of "mid" majors that aren't quite mid yet!

Are those preseason games? ;)

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24

take a look at the UCLA Football record book - start at 1946 or earlier if you would like... and take note of their preseason schedule for 70 plus years. Then look at other similarly situated schools and compare...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:

Bowling Green
    Alabama State
    South Alabama

Elite teams schedule elite teams:

Oregon first three:

Georgia
    Eastern Washington
    BYU

Only one patsy, and one team possibly top 20 (and getting votes for the top 25, then the currently ranked #3 who they will play at their stadium - remember when the Ducks went into Ohio State and beat them last year in week 1? This Duck team is better......... We will see...............

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

Larryallen - to answer your question Bowling Green is D1. They had a good win last year over Minnesota. Not sure about the other two teams. Take a look at Michigan's non conference schedule.

Colorado State
    Hawaii
    Connecticut

Ignore list -Basebal21