Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

6800 40's and 50's wheat cents

I've got 6800 wheat pennies I'm trying to sell for $360 plus $21 for priority flat rate shipping. I accept checks and PayPal.

Digging trash and treasure since 1977

Comments

• Options
    AbehunterAbehunter Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

That a lot of wheat pennys

• Options

Yep. I've thought about trying E bay but I'm afraid I'll lose a bundle of money. I've read that they get 14% of the sale and then they own PayPal so they get more fees that way. I live in an area with nearly 1 million people and have posted on craigslist and another website called Nextdoor. No takers. I had one lady offer me $20 for them all. My $68 face value in wheat pennies for $20. I think dealers are selling wheat pennies locally here in the Memphis area for 7 to 10 cents each. I'm asking only 5 cents each and can't give them away.

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent.

• Options

The price is firm. Not a suggestion. Thanks

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay doesn't own PayPal but the seller fees are close to 14%.

Good luck with your sale!😎

• Options

Thanks

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tesorocazador said:
    Yep. I've thought about trying E bay but I'm afraid I'll lose a bundle of money. I've read that they get 14% of the sale and then they own PayPal so they get more fees that way. I live in an area with nearly 1 million people and have posted on craigslist and another website called Nextdoor. No takers. I had one lady offer me $20 for them all. My $68 face value in wheat pennies for $20. I think dealers are selling wheat pennies locally here in the Memphis area for 7 to 10 cents each. I'm asking only 5 cents each and can't give them away.

Actually your asking .056 cents each if you add the shipping
    Just saying