Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OPC Ryan rookie advice.

Posted earlier in the BST with only one tip; e-bay. Apologies if I'm wrong to post it here

Long time member, first time asking advice. This raw OPC #177 was purchased by me 30 years ago before grading was in vogue.
Mis-cut as it is it's still in good shape. Great color, no creases, and only one bad corner. Age is creeping up and I now want to sell it. What are my best options as to what platform to sell it on? I do not want to spend the $$ to get it graded (leaving $$ on the table I know). It came from a Canadian Ryan collector by the name of Ron whose last name is lost to the ages. Thanks for any help you guys may provide.

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grading is always nice. But I think its going to grade a 1-2MC with the paper loss on the back(by pitcher).
    I personally dont like MC on the case so I would maybe send to SGC and get probably a 1.5
    But thats just me. Displays Ex but the spot on the back is going to kill the grade.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:

Thanks handyman, your analysis is very helpful...as brutally honest as it was. 😉👍

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I agree with handyman. Send to SGC (only 30$). whatever it grades , will raise the value more than 30.00.

• Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Could send it in to Nolan’s foundation, get it signed then graded? That would bring up the value.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Card needs to be graded to get the best price. PSA is the best grading company. The card will not grade very high, but it will be authenticated. Lots of buyers will worry it's a fake if sold raw.

If you don't want to get it graded, put it on ebay with a starting bid of .99 and sell it that way.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set