Home Q & A Forum
Options

Can anyone please tell me whats wrong with this picture?

I just purchased it on Ebay. Be for the purchase I cheeked the die marks with the photos of 1892 P on PCGS website. It all looked good. Can this be a real error? I do plan to send it in for grading. Please tell me your thoughts.
Thanks,
Steve Boyer

Best Answers

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum. Your picture is to small to see from here. Do you have a link to the eBay listing?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, probably better not send it in for grading as it would come back listed as damage, and in that condition it is not worth the money/time it would take to get it slabbed...

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

Answers

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Steve, lets take a look at these pics a little bigger, I don't see any red flags as far as authenticity goes, it appears to be genuine to me but unfortunately it is damaged and not an error, looks like somebody gave it a good whack with a chisel or some other sharp instrument, as you can see by the dent/cut and the raised metal on either side of the hit...
    Also looks like it was cleaned as yo can see by the rough hairlines all over the reverse fields, sorry, no score this time... keep looking! :) And welcome to the forum!

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options

Thanks for all your help. I won't be sending this coin in.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

That funky Nose job gotta be PMD.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like bags and wrinkles under the eye. It needs cosmetic surgery for sure. :D

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members