Home Sports Talk
Options

do Bills fans allow Rams fans to become Bills fans ?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

asking for a friend

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    asking for a friend

😂

• Options
    edited July 28, 2022 7:05PM

Hey, Galixico....I was a Bills fan way back when the American Football League was a thing.......Jack Kemp was the QB. I went to a Charger/Bills game when I was a kid......My Dad's best friend took me to the game.........He was a friend of Kemp......After the game we waited around to meet with Kemp. My impression?..... He's so big!....And I loved the Buffalo on the helmet!!!!!.....I was hooked!....

And then a certain USC running back was drafted by the Bills..... I thought he was the best!!!!!... The local television stations here showed the Bills games because everyone loved the guy!!!

Before and After Images........
    Before

After!

Anyway,.....the Bills beat the Rams a couple of years ago because the refs were paid off!.....The season opener is going to be a grudge match!..... I can't wait!..... My two teams!....

Allen is GREAT!......My Favorite!

But, He better watch out for this guy in the fourth quarter if the game is close.......

Donald will demolish the Bills late in the game if it's close......
    Two best teams in the NFL.....and both my favorites.....doesn't get any better..... I'll BE THERE!!!!

• Options
    edited July 28, 2022 9:07PM

And this guy......what a good man......Football is not the be all and end all.....He knows that.......Sometimes it just doesn't happen in life the way you want it to happen.....

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant Are you all-in on the Rams this year? Can we get a pre-season committal from you? Vacillation is not good for your sports health.

• Options
    edited July 28, 2022 8:53PM

@thisistheshow said:
    @Hydrant Are you all-in on the Rams this year? Can we get a pre-season committal from you? Vacillation is not good for your sports health.

No.....anything can happen and it usually does.....the Rams and Bills are the best teams going in.....doesn't mean a thing 17 weeks later when the dust settles......to many variables...hey,....just one game at a time.....Enjoy it!.....I don't care who wins or who loses........I just like a good game!......

"I love winners when they cry
    Losers when they try
    And I love you too"......

Tom.T. Hall......R.I.P.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant My father was my hero but Jack Kemp was my football hero. I have many fond memories of games in the 60’s. My father purchased season tickets in 1959 for $16.50. I started in 1963. When Jack turned to politics he became a family friend.
    I’ve never wavered in being a Bills fan through out all these years. But I’m a fan of other teams also so everyone hop aboard and enjoy the ride.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2022 9:02AM

Hey 2dueces, help me out.......Years ago, 23?, I was in the Buffalo area. I had some spare time so I decided to check out the Bills stadium. Tourist stuff. Well, I got lost driving in circles but eventually I found the place. It seemed to me that it was located way out in the boonies....like in a forest. But, to be honest, growing up around here, A row of shrubbery looks like a forest. Recently, I tried to locate the stadium using mapquest on my cheap tablet..... No luck!.....It's always puzzled me....Was I all mixed up and coufused because I was lost????......Where is that place and is it located far from town in a deep dark forest?.....Help!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Hey 2dueces, help me out.......Years ago, 23?, I was in the Buffalo area. I had some spare time so I decided to check out the Bills stadium. Tourist stuff. Well, I got lost driving in circles but eventually I found the place. It seemed to me that it was located way out in the boonies....like in a forest. But, to be honest, growing up around here, A row of shrubbery looks like a forest. Recently, I tried to locate the stadium using mapquest on my cheap tablet..... No luck!.....It's always puzzled me....Was I all mixed up and coufused because I was lost????......Where is that place and is it located far from town in a deep dark forest?.....Help!

It’s actually in Orchard Park, New York. And yes it is a distant suburb of Buffalo. I remember the push for a dome in 1970
    “No more snow, football in the dome”
    Western New York is beautiful 3 seasons. Fall is spectacular. People hear New York and the think skyscrapers and concerts. How about rolling hills, farms, orchards, waterfalls, gorges and beautiful weather. I just couldn’t stand 5 months of snow so I put up with 2 months of 200 degrees heat in Texas to enjoy 10 months of nice weather.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Thanks,