Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mike Trout - back issues

I have not been a proponent of paying thousands of dollars for signed rookie card in the last 10 years or so. Mainly because of the uncertainty of their careers (length, stats). I have speculated on many players over he years, Chad Henne, Josh Freeman, Mark Reynolds, Eddie Royal and many more in the past. I never shelled out thousands for one card, but in total I probably bit the dust on several thousand dollars, on speculating.

I have give up on speculation for the most part and focus on known players and careers. Apparently, Mike is having some unusual back issues and that's terrible news for baseball, for the fans and for the player. Hopefully Mike can fight through it and have a great career going forward. I'm routing for him!!!! Great player and great person.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

See Don Mattingly.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really sad news. Feel for him. I still bet he puts up amazing numbers when playing - only time will tell how the right exercise routine limits the inflammation and how much he will play. Wonder
    if they put Ohtani in the field to limit how much Trout has to do. Definitely bad news for baseball.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

mike has not played a full season since 2016. He is 31 years old. we have seen the last full season from Mike unfortunately. some athlete's bodies are just made of glass. Mikes is one of those.

we have already seen a pretty big regression from trout this season. his plate discipline was worse than it had been since the early 2010's. that is usually the beginning of the decline for a hitter. most will keep the power longer than the plate discipline.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.