Home Sports Talk
Options

Kyler Murray gets paid

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyler Murray got his money, now the pressure is on.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2022 4:09PM

He will be without D Hop for 6 games I think so he best be on his game early on

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

when he's healthy, the team is healthy and it's the first part of the season, this is can happen. last year they beat the NFC Championship teams a combined 3 times in the first 9 weeks. and honestly, they had the Packers dead in the water until Kyler and A.J. Green brain farted in each other's face and botched an easy pitch-n-catch for the win. otherwise they start 10-0.

the problem lies when he gets hurt, key cogs get hurt, and other teams figure them out the latter part of the season. then all 4 wheels come off. Kingsbury has no answers when he's forced to make adjustments. any team he has been the HC of -- whether it be Texas Tech or Arizona -- has crawled on their hands and knees to the finish line.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2022 11:14AM

I attend 3 or 4 Cardinal games in Phoenix every year....I like the team.. Anyway, I spent the better part of last night researching the Cardinals season last year.....game by game. My conclusion?...... As I suspected, there were many odd variables that worked out favorably for the Cardinals early in the season that contributed to their great early season success....then their luck ran out and what you saw later in the season was the REAL Cardinals. I've always thought Murray was overrated but I was impressed early on.......he looked good!.....When the Cardinals and the Rams met up for the playoffs last year I really thought the Cardinals had a shot to beat the Rams......When I told people that before the game they laughed and told me I was crazy!........They were right........I can be wrong about Murray, doesn't bother me.....and the Cardinals can pay him whatever they want... Good for him......But unless some unforseen catastrophe happens to the Rams,....the Cardinals have basically a zero chance at winning the division title anytime soon.....maybe later on........Time will tell.....Whatever, last year was an overall great season for Phoenix.... They came close.......Go Cardinals!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

My opinion doesn’t matter, with $2 I can get a cup of coffee. He’s exciting to watch like the energizer bunny. He. An run and he can pass. His problem lies with all ( except Drew Brees) short QB’s, trouble with a rush right up the middle.
    The Cardinals with Murray will beat bad teams, split with .500 teams and struggle with elite.
    The fans will have 5 years of winning seasons but unless the stars align I don’t see a Super Bowl in the future.
    The Cardinals painted themselves into this corner by hiring a college coach that struggles down the stretch. That wanted Murray above anyone else. Built an offense around him and his style.
    Who else was out there if they let Murray walk. No, like Baltimore with Jackson, they’ve made this bed for the next 5 years, win or lose.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2022 11:48AM

2dueces, I think your assessment is spot on. You covered it all....Home Run, brother!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2022 1:57PM

You can't tell Kingsbury anything, he's as stubborn as a mule, I knew Murray's size was going to be an issue when I saw him at the draft.

• Options
    edited July 24, 2022 2:12PM

some astute points made up above, but saying that the Cards will struggle against elite teams with him at the helm has not proven to be an accurate assessment. if someone posed that question to me, i'd say to this point in his career it all depends.

if he's healthy and his weapons are healthy, they can best anyone. i think beating the brakes off the Titans on the road (they were a trendy pick when the playoffs rolled around) and going 3-for-3 against the two teams that vied for a spot in the Bowl on the NFC side bears that out.

but if Murray gets dinged and becomes one-dimensional, as happened after week 8.............and guys like Hopkins aren't on the field (don't forget, in addition to being suspended for the first 6 this season he missed half of last season)..................and Kingsbury stops to think and forgets to start again..................then they are vulnerable to any team in the NFL. they proved that against the Lions.

coming from someone who watches every AZ game and follows the team very intently, they are very much the jeckyll and hyde franchise of the NFL. when things are good, they're really good. when things go south, a spiraling nose dive takes place.

sure wish Nuk was playing in week #1 against the Chiefs, but it will still be very compelling. can't wait for it to get here to see how it shakes out. perhaps a friendly wager with Darin to start the season!

• Options
    edited July 24, 2022 3:04PM

@galaxy27 said:
    some astute points made up above, but saying that the Cards will struggle against elite teams with him at the helm has not proven to be an accurate assessment. if someone posed that question to me, i'd say to this point in his career it all depends.

if he's healthy and his weapons are healthy, they can best anyone. i think beating the brakes off the Titans on the road (they were a trendy pick when the playoffs rolled around) and going 3-for-3 against the two teams that vied for a spot in the Bowl on the NFC side bears that out.

but if Murray gets dinged and becomes one-dimensional, as happened after week 8.............and guys like Hopkins aren't on the field (don't forget, in addition to being suspended for the first 6 this season he missed half of last season)..................and Kingsbury stops to think and forgets to start again..................then they are vulnerable to any team in the NFL. they proved that against the Lions.

coming from someone who watches every AZ game and follows the team very intently, they are very much the jeckyll and hyde franchise of the NFL. when things are good, they're really good. when things go south, a spiraling nose dive takes place.

sure wish Nuk was playing in week #1 against the Chiefs, but it will still be very compelling. can't wait for it to get here to see how it shakes out. perhaps a friendly wager with Darin to start the season!

For your sake I hope I’m wrong on so many points. It’s Murray’s team now, he got paid, now it’s put up or the criticism will follow him and the Cards for the next 5 years

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2022 4:28PM

Post Deleted...... I messed it up......later gator!.....

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@hydrant you have a lot of comment regret, leading to edited posts. We all have regrets like that, but I noticed that yours are more than daily sometimes. 😂😂

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hype hype hype, good team around him, questionable head coach, not an elite qb but average starter, hmm..............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd take Davis Mills at a fraction of the salary any day over Murray at that price, yikes.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heard about this on sports talk radio today and it seemed like a really odd inclusion in his contract. Hard to see the team going to him with a breach of contract for not "doing his homework." B)
    https://www.nfl.com/news/kyler-murray-s-new-contract-with-cardinals-mandates-four-hours-of-independent-st

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Heard about this on sports talk radio today and it seemed like a really odd inclusion in his contract. Hard to see the team going to him with a breach of contract for not "doing his homework." B)
    https://www.nfl.com/news/kyler-murray-s-new-contract-with-cardinals-mandates-four-hours-of-independent-st

That is a tell as to what the owner thought about his dedication! Are you freaking kidding me? Payton Manning was told to get away from the films and spend 4 hours doing something with family. Jamarcus Russell came into the league too soon. He would’ve got paid for watching blank tapes. It tell me all I need to know about the maturity level of a person who just received a quarter of a BILLION Dollars

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

That is a tell as to what the owner thought about his dedication! Are you freaking kidding me? Payton Manning was told to get away from the films and spend 4 hours doing something with family. Jamarcus Russell came into the league too soon. He would’ve got paid for watching blank tapes. It tell me all I need to know about the maturity level of a person who just received a quarter of a BILLION Dollars

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

The show that I listened to laid into him pretty good. I don't see the Cards using this to get out of his deal,it seems like it was more about embarrassing him to get with the program while being able to hold this over his head.

• Options

rumor has it that the Cardinals included this homework clause after locating footage of Kyler during final exams at Allen HS

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy said......... sure wish Nuk was playing in week #1 against the Chiefs, but it will still be very compelling. can't wait for it to get here to see how it shakes out. perhaps a friendly wager with Darin to start the season!

No problem............ if the Chiefs win you get to go swimming with great white sharks dressed in this costume......

• Options

@Darin said:
    Galaxy said......... sure wish Nuk was playing in week #1 against the Chiefs, but it will still be very compelling. can't wait for it to get here to see how it shakes out. perhaps a friendly wager with Darin to start the season!

No problem............ if the Chiefs win you get to go swimming with great white sharks dressed in this costume......

I'd like to add a stipulation of also being covered in chum before taking the dive into the shark tank. >:)

• Options

Kyler Murray in an interview last year. Apparently he’s the greatest quarterback in history because he knows the defense before it even happens. I wonder if I DM him he can give me the Mega Lotto #’s for tonight.

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said, via Sarah Kezele of 98.7 Arizona Sports. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

W.C.Fields
  • Options

as previously mentioned on multiple occasions, I've followed Murray since high school. he can be a punk. any U of Texas fan I know loathed the guy. moreover, he's a sore loser. he's not used to it. what he's used to is the first halves of the past two seasons. when things went south, some of his unattractive traits emerged. at the tail end of the playoff game against the Rams he refused to finish the game and Colt McCoy (who grew up just outside my hometown and is a consummate pro) was inserted.

so I totally get why Arizona included that clause. he manifested unprofessional behavior at times, so they were simply protecting their investment. methinks 46.1M per year will miraculously create wholesale changes.

• Options
    edited July 26, 2022 9:38AM

@galaxy27 said:
    as previously mentioned on multiple occasions, I've followed Murray since high school. he can be a punk. any U of Texas fan I know loathed the guy. moreover, he's a sore loser. he's not used to it. what he's used to is the first halves of the past two seasons. when things went south, some of his unattractive traits emerged. at the tail end of the playoff game against the Rams he refused to finish the game and Colt McCoy (who grew up just outside my hometown and is a consummate pro) was inserted.

so I totally get why Arizona included that clause. he manifested unprofessional behavior at times, so they were simply protecting their investment. methinks 46.1M per year will miraculously create wholesale changes.

You paid the person. You didn’t pay to change him. Unless he become the player he is being paid to be he will be open for criticism.
    Watsons personal downfall was never about his ability on the football field.
    Patrick Mahomes MVP and SB winner.
    Josh Allen , screwed on a Pro Bowl selection in 2021, btw, management, coaches, teams, fans and the Buffalo community absolutely love. The perfect pro QB.

I just gave you the highest paid QB’s. In what world would you put Kyler Murray in this group?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Interesting stat for Murray.
    29 total TD’s.
    10 interceptions 12 fumbles in 2021
    3 time Pro Bowler. Laughable

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2022 10:17AM

couple of things on the Kyler front.

first, i've been thinking about the homework clause, which the organization has since redacted from his contract. not sure why they did that, quite honestly. if you want to address prep work with him, do it behind closed doors. but the moment you stick it in a contract, it immediately becomes consumed by the public. then all hell breaks loose. someone stopped to think and forgot to start again on that one. and in Kyler's defense he put it best when he said, and i'm paraphrasing, "how do you become a first-round pick in football and baseball when you're lazy?" very astute point, actually. that would be some serious unparalleled natural talent.

and because i'm a fair and balanced poster, allow me to inject some facts. first, the fumbles topic that dueces broached. fumbling the football is never a good thing. but fumbling the football and having the opposing team recover it is far worse. with that said, try to find Murray on this QB-fumbles-lost-in-2021 list. he's not on there, because he didn't lose any.

next, one of the biggest misconceptions i read on here is that Murray must have all kinds of issues throwing the football because he's 3'7". his field vision has to be obstructed by massive lineman, right? well, if i had tossed out a friendly wager that his 2021 completion percentage was higher than Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Allen, and Wilson, i'd probably have a wad of cash sizable enough to allow me to go play a round at a nice course somewhere. seriously, i probably could have offered up 3:1 odds and drained you guys. in fact, only one QB had a higher percentage, and he played in the Super Bowl. just something to think about the next time the height issue is raised.

running and throwing are non-issues with Murray. trust me on this. i've watched him for far too long to know this. staying healthy is the issue. prior to getting dinged the past two seasons, he played exactly how i expected him to play. becoming primarily one-dimensional after getting hurt has been a turning point. not to mention it has been compounded by key cogs getting hurt and suspended, and a coach who is clueless the latter half of a season. it has created a perfect dysfunctional storm, and the Cardinals have spiraled come November and December as a result.

my official take for the '22 Cards is that they will not start fast as they have the past two seasons. no Nuk, and a tough schedule while he's out. if they can weather the storm and remain relatively healthy throughout the season, i think the playoffs is a distinct possibility. the offense will be just fine. lots of weapons. the defense, on the other hand, is going to be a problem. Chandler Jones gone, which means a heavier load for a declining J.J Watt. not a lot of talent on that side of the football. Mahomes should probably be able to hang a pretty big number on them week #1.

in the immortal words of the legendary and very much missed stevek, "we shall see."

• Options

This contract is a bummer for us in AZ. No SB for at least 5 years now and we gotta watch that little rodent like scampering thing he does. Annoying.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    couple of things on the Kyler front.

first, i've been thinking about the homework clause, which the organization has since redacted from his contract. not sure why they did that, quite honestly. if you want to address prep work with him, do it behind closed doors. but the moment you stick it in a contract, it immediately becomes consumed by the public. then all hell breaks loose. someone stopped to think and forgot to start again on that one. and in Kyler's defense he put it best when he said, and i'm paraphrasing, "how do you become a first-round pick in football and baseball when you're lazy?" very astute point, actually. that would be some serious unparalleled natural talent.

and because i'm a fair and balanced poster, allow me to inject some facts. first, the fumbles topic that dueces broached. fumbling the football is never a good thing. but fumbling the football and having the opposing team recover it is far worse. with that said, try to find Murray on this QB-fumbles-lost-in-2021 list. he's not on there, because he didn't lose any.

next, one of the biggest misconceptions i read on here is that Murray must have all kinds of issues throwing the football because he's 3'7". his field vision has to be obstructed by massive lineman, right? well, if i had tossed out a friendly wager that his 2021 completion percentage was higher than Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Allen, and Wilson, i'd probably have a wad of cash sizable enough to allow me to go play a round at a nice course somewhere. seriously, i probably could have offered up 3:1 odds and drained you guys. in fact, only one QB had a higher percentage, and he played in the Super Bowl. just something to think about the next time the height issue is raised.

running and throwing are non-issues with Murray. trust me on this. i've watched him for far too long to know this. staying healthy is the issue. prior to getting dinged the past two seasons, he played exactly how i expected him to play. becoming primarily one-dimensional after getting hurt has been a turning point. not to mention it has been compounded by key cogs getting hurt and suspended, and a coach who is clueless the latter half of a season. it has created a perfect dysfunctional storm, and the Cardinals have spiraled come November and December as a result.

my official take for the '22 Cards is that they will not start fast as they have the past two seasons. no Nuk, and a tough schedule while he's out. if they can weather the storm and remain relatively healthy throughout the season, i think the playoffs is a distinct possibility. the offense will be just fine. lots of weapons. the defense, on the other hand, is going to be a problem. Chandler Jones gone, which means a heavier load for a declining J.J Watt. not a lot of talent on that side of the football. Mahomes should probably be able to hang a pretty big number on them week #1.

in the immortal words of the legendary and very much missed stevek, "we shall see."

You can drag out all the stats in the world to justify 1/4 of a billion dollars to a 5’9” QB that refused to enter the game in a blowout loss. There’s a reason the clause was added, although removed. He’s seen as immature. Remember him scrubbing his profile of all Cardinals info in the off season? Immature. Plays a video game because it’s released late in November and they Cardinals record reflects it.
    12 fumbles but recovered by the Cardinals? How long can that luck last? I could go on but I’ll end it just like you did.
    “We shall see.”

W.C.Fields
  • Options

dueces you've made it abundantly clear that you don't like the guy, for whatever reason(s). that's your prerogative. but it's almost as if it has evolved into full-blown animus and it's kinda weird. i'm convinced there's nothing Kyler could do to sway your opinion. if it's purely the off the field stuff, then i get it. i'm not a fan of a lot of it myself and i admitted as much when i called him a punk at times. but even then, you give him zero credit for anything he has done between the lines. is it the hail mary from two years ago that's still stuck in your craw? you know, that one you deemed pure luck and nothing more? truthfully, i disqualified your opinion of him after that happened because you refused to break that play down objectively.

but since i brought it up, indulge me for a moment. things i meant to say two years ago, but chose not to because i didn't want to pour salt in your wound. there is an element of luck attached to any successful hail mary play in football. i shouldn't have to tell you that or anyone else who watches the sport. but what is not luck is having the speed and quickness to elude tacklers that only one other QB in the NFL would have been able to (Jackson), then using your agility to stop on a dime before going out of bounds, then throwing across your body and putting the ball in the only spot it could for them to exit victorious. to you that's sheer luck, because it was Kyler Murray doing it. if that had been Josh Allen you would have been campaigning for knighthood. but make no mistake: if that had been Josh Allen there would have been a +1 in the L column, because he would have ended up on the ground before the ball ever had a chance to leave his hand. idk man, to me that's simply called making a play, no matter what quarterback does it. but it just so happened to be Kyler Murray, and that's exhibit A as to why i happen to like him.

moreover, if you want to mention turnovers and call him laughable, knock yourself out. but if you're going to cherry-pick stats to feed your bizarre hatred narrative, then i also expect you to not only mention that in addition to him not actually losing any of those fumbles, he had 8 fewer turnovers for the season than the quarterback of your team did........albeit in 3 fewer games. so if you can rub your Swami ball and tell me that Kyler would have turned the ball over 8 times in the 3 games he missed (when he turned it over 10 times in the 14 games he actually played in), then he's less of a turnover machine than Josh Allen is.

you can get pissed and spout off anything you want, but at least keep it factual and put it in the proper perspective

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    dueces you've made it abundantly clear that you don't like the guy, for whatever reason(s). that's your prerogative. but it's almost as if it has evolved into full-blown animus and it's kinda weird. i'm convinced there's nothing Kyler could do to sway your opinion. if it's purely the off the field stuff, then i get it. i'm not a fan of a lot of it myself and i admitted as much when i called him a punk at times. but even then, you give him zero credit for anything he has done between the lines. is it the hail mary from two years ago that's still stuck in your craw? you know, that one you deemed pure luck and nothing more? truthfully, i disqualified your opinion of him after that happened because you refused to break that play down objectively.

but since i brought it up, indulge me for a moment. things i meant to say two years ago, but chose not to because i didn't want to pour salt in your wound. there is an element of luck attached to any successful hail mary play in football. i shouldn't have to tell you that or anyone else who watches the sport. but what is not luck is having the speed and quickness to elude tacklers that only one other QB in the NFL would have been able to (Jackson), then using your agility to stop on a dime before going out of bounds, then throwing across your body and putting the ball in the only spot it could for them to exit victorious. to you that's sheer luck, because it was Kyler Murray doing it. if that had been Josh Allen you would have been campaigning for knighthood. but make no mistake: if that had been Josh Allen there would have been a +1 in the L column, because he would have ended up on the ground before the ball ever had a chance to leave his hand. idk man, to me that's simply called making a play, no matter what quarterback does it. but it just so happened to be Kyler Murray, and that's exhibit A as to why i happen to like him.

moreover, if you want to mention turnovers and call him laughable, knock yourself out. but if you're going to cherry-pick stats to feed your bizarre hatred narrative, then i also expect you to not only mention that in addition to him not actually losing any of those fumbles, he had 8 fewer turnovers for the season than the quarterback of your team did........albeit in 3 fewer games. so if you can rub your Swami ball and tell me that Kyler would have turned the ball over 8 times in the 3 games he missed (when he turned it over 10 times in the 14 games he actually played in), then he's less of a turnover machine than Josh Allen is.

you can get pissed and spout off anything you want, but at least keep it factual and put it in the proper perspective

What facts did I miss? That he fumbles 12 times without losing any? That his 10 interceptions was bad in anyway? That there’s only one reason a QB with a losing record has 3 Pro Bowls? I’m not sure what I missed. I don’t dislike Kyler Murray. I think it’s a mistake to make him the face of a multi Billion dollar franchise

I also blame the Cardinals for hiring Kingsbury, a college coach that had a track record of folding late in the season.
    I wish the best for your Cardinals and I’ll refrain from talk about Murray in the future.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

In fact I think I’m going to just keep my opinions to myself from now on. I’ll play the pickem if we have it and update my Swami post but as far as posting here I’ve spent enough time on the site

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2022 8:09PM

@2dueces said:

In fact I think I’m going to just keep my opinions to myself from now on. I’ll play the pickem if we have it and update my Swami post but as far as posting here I’ve spent enough time on the site

no need for that, but it's your decision to make. censoring you was not on my agenda, as i do enjoy your contributions. it just had the feeling of becoming borderline personal with Murray and i couldn't make out what it stemmed from. if it's centered around the Pro Bowl, personally i couldn't care less about that virtually meaningless accolade. 12 Pro Bowls, zero rings and $4 will buy a player a gallon of unleaded gas as far as i'm concerned.

and for the record, i'm not a Murray apologist. i always call things like i see them, and that includes players & teams i happen to like. at times he has acted like a petulant child, and last year in the playoffs i called him out for the worst pass i've ever seen in my life at any level -- and that includes pee wee -- when he unloaded the ball like a hot potato and it ended up in the hands of a Ram who was standing in the end zone when he caught it, iirc.

so yes, he has a lot to prove to me too. if he doesn't show improved maturity on and off the field and fails to live up to the terms of his lucrative contract, i will definitely opine.

i have a sneaking suspicion that you're going to have a lot to chirp about this season with your Bills, so i hope you'll stick around

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 11:23AM

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

@hydrant you have a lot of comment regret, leading to edited posts. We all have regrets like that, but I noticed that yours are more than daily sometimes. 😂😂

Showman, I just now caught up on your post. No comment regrets here....Regrets are for losers.......Here's the deal.....As far as editing my posts, yes I do it all the time. When I was a high school kid I worked as a proof reader for the local newspaper. My job was editing news copy for bad grammar, spelling errors, etc. Later on I majored in English Literature at college......so.....I'm just a stickler for getting it right.......old habits are hard to break.
    Sometimes I write a post and I think it is over the top, inappropriate, etc. and I don't hit the "Post Comment" button I thought(?), but the post shows up on the forum anyway before the final edit. It surprises me so I delete it entirely. No regrets.....just a mistake.......Even I make those. Anyway, thanks for your keen
    interest in my posting habits....it's very flattering.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

Showman, I just now caught up on your post. No comment regrets here....Regrets are for losers.......Here's the deal.....As far as editing my posts, yes I do it all the time. When I was a high school kid I worked as a proof reader for the local newspaper. My job was editing news copy for bad grammar, spelling errors, etc. Later on I majored in English Literature at college......so.....I'm just a stickler for getting it right.......old habits are hard to break.
    Sometimes I write a post and I think it is over the top, inappropriate, etc. and I don't hit the "Post Comment" button I thought(?), but the post shows up on the forum anyway. It surprises me so I delete it. No regrets.....just a mistake.......Even I make those.

I was also an English Lit major, before I majored in kinesiology, before I majored in forensic psychology, which all preceded my failure to graduate. So let's just say I'm well educated, but I "don't have my papers". 🤔😂😂

As for why I pointed out your editing shenanigans, I know that you don't do it because of "typeos". I've been on here late at night, read through a long ( sometimes somewhat profound) post of yours, then woken up to one or two words in the same space.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 3:00PM

Showboat,....you're the best brother!....... That word...."shenanigans".......I love it......Great word!.....I'd bet the ranch that that word has never been used on the forum before!....

It reminds of a game us little boys played on the playground!......The Game;.....Say a sentence that nobody has ever said before........

I remember my contribution.....
    "Have you ever had nails dipped in hot sauce for dinner?"

Keep On Truckin' .....Bro!

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 3:52PM

Bottom line.......I think Kyler Murray is overrated....... I didn't think he was that hot from the first time I saw him play in 2019(?). I haven't changed my mind since......And barring some catastrophic situation that happens to the Rams, like, you know, the Big One Hits L.A. during a Rams game and SoFi Stadium floats out and sinks into the Pacific Ocean, the Cardinals haven't got a chance in the next few years..........why the hype???? Why the big bucks?????.... I don't get it.....but......Then again I also don't think Dak Prescott is going anywhere..... At least with Dak I understand why all the hype........HE'S A COWBOY!!!!.......And Texas doesn't have all that too many earthquakes!...... Oh, Brother!

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 4:11PM

And.......as far as all the hoopla around the Cardinals beating the Rams in one game out of three last year?.......Well.....My Secret Inside Source dropped by the house last week and I brought that up. His response....... "The Rams just came off beating the Bucs the week before. They prepared so hard for that game that there was a total non-focus letdown about the upcoming Cards game." Inside stuff guys......And I agree......I was there......The Rams were total hopeless chaos in that game.......pathetic...... worst game of the season........ Terrible!!!!! Kyler got lucky!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

And.......as far as all the hoopla around the Cardinals beating the Rams in one game out of three last year?.......Well.....My Secret Inside Source dropped by the house last week and I brought that up. His response....... "The Rams just came off beating the Bucs the week before. They prepared so hard for that game that there was a total non-focus letdown about the upcoming Cards game." Inside stuff guys......And I agree......I was there......The Rams were total hopeless chaos in that game.......pathetic...... worst game of the season........ Terrible!!!!! Kyler got lucky!

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

"the Cardinals haven't got a chance in the next few years" -- this is the NFL. The Rams are a couple injuries away from being mediocre to terrible, just like basically every other team in the NFL. Not saying it is going to happen but schedule and injuries are the great equalizers in the NFL.

Robb

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Galixico....that's hilarious!.... Hey, if I have to pull your chain to get you involved around here, I'll keep doing it!...It's my pleasure!😂

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    "the Cardinals haven't got a chance in the next few years" -- this is the NFL. The Rams are a couple injuries away from being mediocre to terrible, just like basically every other team in the NFL. Not saying it is going to happen but schedule and injuries are the great equalizers in the NFL.

Robb

Dream on Robby Baby......The the Rams are building an unbeatable dynasty! Two Super Bowls in four years.......you ain't seen nothing yet!!!!! 😉

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 7:01PM

@fergie23 said:

............this is the NFL. The Rams are a couple injuries away from being mediocre to terrible, just like basically every other team in the NFL. but .......injuries are the great equalizers in the NFL.

I agree with you 100% about how injuries are the great equalizer in the NFL.....But, the Rams lost their triple threat best offensive player last year, Robert Woods, and they still went on to win the SB.....How did they overcome that?.....Well, they signed OBJ. How did that happen?.........because Ram ownership has the deepest pockets in the NFL. I don't necessarily like it but I think that the Rams are positioned to spend money to get whatever and whoever they need. Like the Yankees do. It's what it is........ALSO,......Have you ever read a story about a Ram player doing anything stupid on or off field?.....Dumb Political statements, Sex, crime, beating up women in hotel elevators, deadly car crashes, etc.....No. That's because the Rams don't allow any of that. Period. It's all about team cohesion with the Rams. No monkey business. No politics. NONE. AND......Sorry, but McVay is the best head coach in the league. That's just the way it is. No controversy, no lap dances, outrageous quotes........ Just a winning team. And, the Rams don't play the draft pick nonsense. .....they acquire solid veterans instead....... They have loaded up on some GREAT veteran players during the off season that are perfect fits.......AND.....When Justin Herbert signs on.....Look Out!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@fergie23 said:

............this is the NFL. The Rams are a couple injuries away from being mediocre to terrible, just like basically every other team in the NFL. but .......injuries are the great equalizers in the NFL.

I agree with you 100% about how injuries are the great equalizer in the NFL.....But, the Rams lost their triple threat best offensive player last year, Robert Woods, and they still went on to win the SB.....How did they overcome that?.....Well, they signed OBJ. How did that happen?.........because Ram ownership has the deepest pockets in the NFL. I don't necessarily like it but I think that the Rams are positioned to spend money to get whatever and whoever they need. Like the Yankees do. It's what it is........ALSO,......Have you ever read a story about a Ram player doing anything stupid thing on or off field?.....Sex, crime, etc.....No. That's because the Rams don't allow any of that. Period. It's all about team cohesion with the Rams. No monkey business. No politics. NONE. AND......Sorry, but McVay is the best head coach in the league. That's just the way it is. No controversy, no lap dances, outrageous quotes........ Just a winning team. And, the Rams don't play the draft pick nonsense. .....they acquire solid veterans instead....... They have loaded up on some GREAT veteran players during the off season that are perfect fits.......Look Out!

I could poke a few holes in this but I won't, because I'm liking your enthusiasm. Now stick with it. No more vacillation. The Rams are your team. Your only team. The Rams are your team. Your only team. 😂

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 7:13PM

But,......If the Bills beat the Rams in the home opener......that's o.k. with me.......I like Allen's style of play......Go Rams! Go Bills! I'll be there......I can't wait!!!!!

That's going to be the game, boys!.....The winner of that game?......Super Bowl Champs!....... DON'T MISS IT!!!!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    But,......If the Bills beat the Rams in the home opener......that's o.k. with me.......I like Allen's style of play......Go Rams! Go Bills! I'll be there......I can't wait!!!!!

That's going to be the game, boys!.....The winner of that game?......Super Bowl Champs!....... DON'T MISS IT!!!!

The winner of that game will win the SB? Maybe, but if they did it won't be because they won that game.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 8:59PM

@thisistheshow said:

The winner of that game will win the SB? Maybe, but if they did it won't be because they won that game.

Well, Showboat,......you're most likely right. But,....the Rams have a score to settle with the Bills.......It goes back to their 2020(?) matchup........The Rams got ripped by the refs. I have never seen anything like the Rams comeback in that game Except when Brady beat the Falcons in the SB......(and a John Elway game in Denver.....WOW!)......The Rams were down 28-3 late in the game and then they went ahead 31-28 when the clock ran out with the Bills offense on the 1 yard line....Then the refs gave the Bills an extra play on a bogus pass interference call.
    Same score as the Pats comback win. 28-3 late in the game. Donald was throwing Bills players around like rag dolls in the fourth quarter. Anyway,....it's going to be a grudge match. I'm thinking Raiders/Steelers in the 1970's after the "Immaculate Reception"...... anybody here know about that?????......Whatever. I've never looked more foward to any game......My two favorite teams and my favorite player, Josh Allen..... I just want a good game with no dirty hits......Go Rams!.....Go Bills!

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what a "triple threat best offensive player" is but a Woods injury would be nothing like a Kupp, Stafford, or Donald injury. I hope it doesn't happen, I like to see a team's best players stay healthy but this is the NFL. Without Stafford the Rams are a .500-ish team hoping for a few lucky breaks to make the wild-card. Without Donald, their defense becomes pedestrian.

I think the Rams had plenty of good breaks to win the Super Bowl (like pretty much every SB champion) but I don't see anything from this team that screams dynasty. I think they will struggle a little over the course of the season due to their schedule, and if they get unlucky with injuries won't make the playoffs.

With the hard salary cap, how deep an owner's pockets are is irrelevant. The Rams are mortgaging the future to focus on the present. Worked out great last season but it eventually comes back to hurt you when injuries or declining skills hit positions that have no depth because you don't have enough talent. As long as their superstars continue to play like superstars and don't get hurt, the Rams will be Super Bowl contenders. But a string of unlucky injuries and they will be missing those draft picks they peddled away.

Robb

• Options
    edited August 6, 2022 7:04PM

@fergie23 said:

.......... The Rams are a couple injuries away from being mediocre to terrible, just like basically every other team in the NFL. Not saying it is going to happen but schedule and injuries are the great equalizers in the NFL.

Hey, Ferbie Baby, you might just be more right than you think....with the news on Staffords elbow?..... If it's bad,....then you nailed it. The Rams won't be terrible without him....but they won't win the division either......it will be the year of Kyler Murray...... But Rodgers will take him out and the Packers will go to the SB......Close but no cigar Kyler......It doesn't change my opinion about him....He's overrated!...... And if he gets a lucky break with Stafford going down?......It will be a contest between who the most hyped overrated QBs in the league are.......DAK....or.....Kyler.....Dak will be the Winner....Either way both of them will be watching the Big One on T.V.......Oh, Brother!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Showboat,....you're the best brother!....... That word...."shenanigans".......I love it......Great word!.....I'd bet the ranch that that word has never been used on the forum before!....

It reminds of a game us little boys played on the playground!......The Game;.....Say a sentence that nobody has ever said before........

I remember my contribution.....
    "Have you ever had nails dipped in hot sauce for dinner?"

Keep On Truckin' .....Bro!

Man that Roseanne Barr sure is hot! I would have a hard time choosing between her and Rosie O'Donnell.

• Options
    edited August 7, 2022 1:53PM

@fergie23 said:

......I'm not sure what a "triple threat best offensive player" is ......

For Woods it means that he is very effective at three things......Passing, Running, and Receiving.........One; For Woods, Reception of a lateral pass from the QB and then passing for a completion...Two; Running....A good open field runner. With Woods it's after a back field reverse QB hand off. Three; Receiving ability in combination with being a good open field runner....... Triple Threat!