Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA: A Little Common Courtesy and Customer Service!

Evening,

Sorry to Whine like this, but I find some of the Just Common Customer Service's Delivered by PSA to be absolutely just unbelievaley lacking!!!

Two shining examples are this week alone! Last Friday/Sat I sent a Sub in with the 20 Cards, $18 each before the end of July. I was pleasantly surprised when my sub was entered on Monday into R & I. Then on Tuesday morning it went into Hold Problem, with no explanation as to why!

I waited 3 days then sent an E-mail asking why? I was told that it was because they has Inadvertently allowed a previous form that allowed me to check No Qualifiers, and they fixed the form and everything was Ok, Thanks for nothing......

But... then they qualified.....Two of the cards I sent were discovered by their employees to be Creased when unpacking, what did I want to do? Of Course the cards were not Creased when I sent them, but which two cards were they I asked, and NO I did not want them graded!. And they will Not Tell me which Cards they destroyed! The cards were Packed so carefully, that either One card was destroyed, or all! Period!

Within 5 minutes the order was out of Hold Status and of course ! No Answer To My Questions!!!!!

Thanks PSA

A++++ Customer Service as Usual!

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• StamkosFanStamkosFan Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Apparently, they can do whatever they want and yet you still come back to them. Oh, the sweet teat that has you hooked.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

and we wonder why people get hurt.... :(

• NorcalNorcal Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

PSA needs to make some dramatic changes otherwise they are going to loose a lot of business in the future.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    Evening,

Sorry to Whine like this, but I find some of the Just Common Customer Service's Delivered by PSA to be absolutely just unbelievaley lacking!!!

Two shining examples are this week alone! Last Friday/Sat I sent a Sub in with the 20 Cards, $18 each before the end of July. I was pleasantly surprised when my sub was entered on Monday into R & I. Then on Tuesday morning it went into Hold Problem, with no explanation as to why!

I waited 3 days then sent an E-mail asking why? I was told that it was because they has Inadvertently allowed a previous form that allowed me to check No Qualifiers, and they fixed the form and everything was Ok, Thanks for nothing......

But... then they qualified.....Two of the cards I sent were discovered by their employees to be Creased when unpacking, what did I want to do? Of Course the cards were not Creased when I sent them, but which two cards were they I asked, and NO I did not want them graded!. And they will Not Tell me which Cards they destroyed! The cards were Packed so carefully, that either One card was destroyed, or all! Period!

Within 5 minutes the order was out of Hold Status and of course ! No Answer To My Questions!!!!!

Thanks PSA

A++++ Customer Service as Usual!

YeeHaw!

Neil

What previous form are we talking about? Don't you log in and do the form on the PSA site??

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

I also noticed when I was entering my cards into the online submission form that it allowed me to select No Qualifiers, but I thought nothing of it. Right after my order arrived, I noticed the order was ALSO placed on Receive Hold for about a week or so, but I never called or emailed them. I had just assumed they would contact me if they had an issue. Then a couple days ago the Hold was removed and all is well. (shrug)

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

What previous form are we talking about? Don't you log in and do the form on the PSA site??

Yes I did and as I was filling it out, I thought it odd that it still had the boxes on each line to check for NO Qualifiers (I thought I remembered that this Function was going away), but didn't dwell on it, Just checked all the boxes, which I did!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2022 1:58PM

In what world would PSA ever contact the customer to let them know they have a crease in their cards and to verify if the customer still wants the cards graded? Many of us have sent in cards we thought were 7-10 and they came back a 3-5 with a hidden or visible crease.

This story cannot be true, but if it is, PSA owes refunds on tens of thousands of orders.

B)

edited July 27, 2022 3:45PM

@secretstash said:
    In what world would PSA ever contact the customer to let them know they have a crease in their cards and to verify if the customer still wants the cards graded? Many of us have sent in cards we thought were 7-10 and they came back a 3-5 with a hidden or visible crease.

This story cannot be true, but if it is, PSA owes refunds on tens of thousands of orders.

B)

They didn't call me Ever, but sent an E-mail and as an after thought, in the Email, mentioned that THEIR Employees (Their verbage) had found Two of the cards had been found with Creases, what did I want to do, Grade or Not?

Now I am not calling BS yet.....(Well actually I am, to the extent that I can't make a Real Determination because PSA won't tell me anything else and has not answered my inquiries since!) But the 20 cards were in Individual Card Savers sandwiched between 2+ pieces of oversized card board with at least 6 pieces of tape on all 4 sides almost crushing the cards, then wrapped in Bubble Wrap and sent in a PSA Card box reused with Much packing of Bubble Wrap! I make them so tight, that In My Universe there is Physically No Way that 2 cards from that order were Creased in transit, its either None or All! Even if the Box was dinged or crushed, it would still be All or None! In 25 years on E-bay, sending 10,000 Sales orders, Ive had like maybe 2-3 damaged in transit, and all oof those were total losses, NOT 2 Cards out of 20!

Now of the 20 cards only 4 each I felt were actually worth $100-$150 as can be seen by the submission here: Line 1, 2, 3, and 6. Also line 13 and 14 Are the nicest of these I've ever pulled and should easily be 9's (And I've pulled Hundreds and hundreds. What do you want to bet that of those 6 mentioned, that the two that are creased are in that lot? Any Betting Men out there? Actually It would hurt much less if any of the Cards in lines 9-17 are in the two that are Creased.

NQ

1 1 8805440190 Non-Sport Cards 1944 American Beauties Short on Sails Yes $100.00 Should 8 or 9
    2 1 8805440160 Non-Sport Cards 1944 American Beauties Out on A Limb Yes $150.00 Should 9
    3 1 0103600280 Baseball Cards 1960 Fleer 28 Lou Gehrig Yes $100.00 Maybe a 6 or 7
    4 1 0103600420 Baseball Cards 1960 Fleer 42 Ty Cobb Yes $50.00 5 or 6
    5 1 F537720380 Baseball Cards 1972 Laughlin Great Feats 38 Don Drysdale Red Border Yes $75.00 8-9
    6 1 F537720320 Baseball Cards 1972 Laughlin Great Feats 32 Babe Ruth Red Border Yes $100.00 8-9
    7 1 F537000028 Baseball Cards 1972 Laughlin Great Feats 35 Ty Cobb Blue Border Yes $50.00 8-9
    8 1 F537720350 Baseball Cards 1972 Laughlin Great Feats 35 Ty Cobb Red Border Yes $50.00 8-9
    9 1 0431905120 Hockey Cards 1990 O-Pee-Chee 512 Patrick Roy Yes $25.00 Absolutely should 10
    10 1 0431901980 Hockey Cards 1990 O-Pee-Chee 198 Patrick Roy All Star Yes $25.00 Same
    11 1 0431914130 Hockey Cards 1991 O-Pee-Chee 413 Patrick Roy Yes $25.00 Same
    12 1 0431915220 Hockey Cards 1991 O-Pee-Chee 522 Wayne Gretzky Yes $50.00 Same
    13 1 0355900040 Basketball Cards 1990 Fleer All-Stars 4 Magic Johnson Yes $50.00 Should 9
    14 1 0355900050 Basketball Cards 1990 Fleer All-Stars 5 Michael Jordan Yes $100.00 Should 9
    15 2 2823821441 Football Cards 1982 Topps Stickers 144 Lawrence Taylor Coming Soon Yes $50.00 5 or 6
    16 3 2823820091 Football Cards 1982 Topps Stickers 9 Super Bowl XVI Joe Montana-Coming Soon Yes $75.00 6 & 7's
    17 1 F707000014 Hockey Cards 1990 O-Pee-Chee Box Bottoms-Hand Cut O Don Beaupre Yes $25.00 ????

As I explained in an earlier post the O-Pee-Chee are to see what constitutes a GEM 10 nowadays. All 4 should be 10's, the Line #17 one I have no idea, its not what I sent, I've never cut a O-Pee-Chee Box in my Life! It must have Auto-Filled and I missed it in my haste to get the package off! And I have no memory of the actual Card although it might be another 90 or 91 O-Pee-Chee? Cause I have a vague memory of thinking that 4 of the 5 O-Pee-Chee's should 10! Line 15 and 16 are another experiment to see how harsh they are on the Gold Foil Stickers, I have dozens and dozens of those two Stars!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭

If these come back like you expect:

1 1 8805440190 Non-Sport Cards 1944 American Beauties Short on Sails Yes $100.00 Should 8 or 9
    2 1 8805440160 Non-Sport Cards 1944 American Beauties Out on A Limb Yes $150.00 Should 9

I'll take them :)

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

I'm dealing with an issue myself now Neil. I feel your pain.

@bobbyw8469 said:

Yeah!
    It seems like you an I have had our fair share of issues over the last couple years. Any trace of that MIA package of your Graded (with a few of mine) ever show up?

YeeHaw!

Neil

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

Yeah!
    It seems like you an I have had our fair share of issues over the last couple years. Any trace of that MIA package of your Graded (with a few of mine) ever show up?

YeeHaw!

Neil

Still missing...I still got the tracking number....you want it again???

Evening Update,

Just got an E-Mail from Sarah of PSA apoligizing for the delay in answering me. Thank You for that.

The two cards Creased by ????? have been identified as the Two 1960 Fleer Baseball Cards Ruth & Gehrig. Almost a sigh of relief from me as these had the most wear of any cards in the sub, I am pretty sure these were only about 5-6ish. I told her to go ahead and grade them, If they have Creases and come back as 2-3's they are still worth way more than the $18 dollar Grading cost! a 4 would be Gravy! (Sort-Of)

But we still haven't clarified how they became Creased, I think once there is a visual it should become clearer!

YeeHaw!

Neil