Home Sports Talk
Options

The Jimmy Garoppolo pie

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 49ers have given Jimmy Garoppolo's agents permission to seek a trade, where do you think he'll end up? Colin Cowherd baked us a Jimmy Garoppolo pie, so grab a plate and a fork and dig in!

Comments

• Options

I'll have a slice of Atlanta Falcons, that's my guess.

• Options

Oh come on, Colin Cowherd baked us a Jimmy Garoppolo pie and no one wants a slice? Fine, but if it gets moldy, I won't be held responsible!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn’t even give an honest guess

• Options

Fair enough, but I would hate for this pie to go to waste, everyone please at least take a slice home with you!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Fair enough, but I would hate for this pie to go to waste, everyone please at least take a slice home with you!

Billy B is hoping for a few extra slices of this Jimmy Pie. B)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qndjPFfyGA

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

That was hilarious, six crying laughing emoji's! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

With his injury history NY and that media circus would seem like a bad fit. All of the drama surrounding Watson and the Browns would seem like another bad fit as well.

Of the teams listed above I'd say Seattle might be his best fit with two decent WRs in Lockett & Metcalf and just Geno Smith/Drew Lock to beat on the depth chart. Maybe the Texans too if they think he's a better fit than Davis Mills over the next few years. Houston has a crapton of fairly high picks over the next few years thanks to Cleveland so they should be surrounding whoever their QB is with better playmakers.

Realistically he just needs to play out this final year on his contract and he'd be free to choose whichever team that is willing to give him a contract next offseason.

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd take a slice, but I'm too mesmerized by the pie!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2022 8:16AM

@perkdog said:
    I couldn’t even give an honest guess

Same here.

• Options
    edited July 21, 2022 1:38PM

@Crackout said:

Yes, it has that effect on me too!

• Options

Eggplant emoji. 🍆

• Options
    edited July 22, 2022 8:37AM

Seattle?

• Options
    edited July 21, 2022 2:34PM

@Crackout said:

Jealousy Gets You Nowhere.....

• Options
    edited July 21, 2022 2:55PM

This has been a great week, this Jimmy Garoppolo pie, heck, I'm still excited about the Panthers new uniforms.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    With his injury history NY and that media circus would seem like a bad fit. All of the drama surrounding Watson and the Browns would seem like another bad fit as well.

Of the teams listed above I'd say Seattle might be his best fit with two decent WRs in Lockett & Metcalf and just Geno Smith/Drew Lock to beat on the depth chart. Maybe the Texans too if they think he's a better fit than Davis Mills over the next few years. Houston has a crapton of fairly high picks over the next few years thanks to Cleveland so they should be surrounding whoever their QB is with better playmakers.

Realistically he just needs to play out this final year on his contract and he'd be free to choose whichever team that is willing to give him a contract next offseason.

If the Seahawks weren’t In the same division he’d already be wearing the uniform. This QB is 31-15 when on the field and one over throw from being a Super Bowl Champion. He’s perfect for Seattle.
    I believe if Sean Patton was still in New Orleans that would be his landing spot.
    If Miami is not all in with Tua, I’d fear Miami as an 11 win team with Jimmy G.
    Detroit has too many holes to spend 24M on a QB.
    Atlanta has found their QB with Mariota, at least for this year.
    The Giants make sense but management isn’t willing to give up on Danny dime this year.

The conversation can’t take place at all considering he hasn’t even been cleared to throw one week from August. Take into account his history of injuries and $25 M is a huge risk unless SF is willing to eat part of his salary like the Panthers did for Mayfield. If he can’t be completely cleared in the next week a starting QB is going to have to be injured for him to be moved.
    Can’t bring your starting QB mid or late August.
    So with all that said they best spot is Seattle. Loads of talent and they wouldn’t ask him to carry the team.
    Houston but management loves David Mills. Why? Good question
    Giants. But they are young and not in any position to compete just yet
    So Jimmy G stays in San Francisco and waits for the call and will back up Trey Lance for $24M a year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

If I’m a team looking for a franchise QB I’d stay FAR away from him.

He gets hurt and is a part time really good QB, he wouldn’t even be on my mind if I had to chose 10 QB’s in the league I’d chose with the game on the line. It might be more actually

• Options

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

If the Seahawks weren’t In the same division he’d already be wearing the uniform. This QB is 31-15 when on the field and one over throw from being a Super Bowl Champion. He’s perfect for Seattle.
    I believe if Sean Patton was still in New Orleans that would be his landing spot.
    If Miami is not all in with Tua, I’d fear Miami as an 11 win team with Jimmy G.
    Detroit has too many holes to spend 24M on a QB.
    Atlanta has found their QB with Mariota, at least for this year.
    The Giants make sense but management isn’t willing to give up on Danny dime this year.

The conversation can’t take place at all considering he hasn’t even been cleared to throw one week from August. Take into account his history of injuries and $25 M is a huge risk unless SF is willing to eat part of his salary like the Panthers did for Mayfield. If he can’t be completely cleared in the next week a starting QB is going to have to be injured for him to be moved.
    Can’t bring your starting QB mid or late August.
    So with all that said they best spot is Seattle. Loads of talent and they wouldn’t ask him to carry the team.
    Houston but management loves David Mills. Why? Good question
    Giants. But they are young and not in any position to compete just yet
    So Jimmy G stays in San Francisco and waits for the call and will back up Trey Lance for $24M a year.

Yeah,like I said above he's probably better off just sitting back and waiting out his final year on his deal then he controls his own future. Getting permission to seek a trade now won't mean much when SF will be looking out for their best interests in a return package.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    This has been a great week, this Jimmy Garoppolo pie, heck, I'm still excited about the Panthers new uniforms.

I'm glad to see you are feeling sone hope, DD. Hope is what this time of year is all about in the NFL.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I'm glad to see you are feeling sone hope, DD. Hope is what this time of year is all about in the NFL.

Oh, this is going to be good, our week 1 matchup against the Browns has become personal for Baker!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Oh, this is going to be good, our week 1 matchup against the Browns has become personal for Baker!

Yea lucky for him the Browns will have Brissett or Rosen at QB though, I’d laugh if the Browns win with Rosen lol

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think Mayfield has a clear path to the starting job over Darnold?
    Are there any players on the Panthers that believe in Darnold?
    Will Mayfield come in with the same cocky, over blown ego and alienate the locker room or do they welcome him as the season savior?
    @doubledragon

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭

Seahawks will probably win 5 or 6 games this year with Geno or Lock, With Jimmy G they would probably win 7 or 8 games...
    as a Seahawks fan I would rather win 5 games then win 8 games for a better draft pick next year. now if we were talking 5 or 6 wins compared to 10 or 11 wins I would take the 10 plus wins because then you will have a legit shot at the playoffs.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

New England only gets you in the preseason but make sure to save a few INTs for Malcolm Butler. He hasn't played in over a year and could probably use the confidence boost from a few Baker picks. 😉

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Do you think Mayfield has a clear path to the starting job over Darnold?
    Are there any players on the Panthers that believe in Darnold?
    Will Mayfield come in with the same cocky, over blown ego and alienate the locker room or do they welcome him as the season savior?
    @doubledragon

Yes, as a matter of fact wide receiver Robby Anderson believes in Sam Darnold, there is already a little bit of tension because Robby Anderson made a comment on social media last season that he didn't want Baker Mayfield to join the Panthers. That comment was brought back up by the media a few weeks ago when Baker joined the Panthers and Robby Anderson said he made the comment because he was just sticking up for his guy Sam Darnold, so there could be some tension this season. I think Baker and Darnold are competing for the starting job, but I think Baker will win the job more than likely.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

New England only gets you in the preseason but make sure to save a few INTs for Malcolm Butler. He hasn't played in over a year and could probably use the confidence boost from a few Baker picks. 😉

Don't worry, between Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold, I'm sure there will be plenty of interceptions to go around! 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    edited July 22, 2022 10:56AM

This is my football life in a nutshell, sad isn't it?