Home Sports Talk
Options

Did a Gregg Williams bounty cause Peyton Manning's neck injury?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Former Washington defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is under fire for possibly causing Peyton Manning's neck injury with a bounty program in Washington. I believe Gregg Williams was also the defensive coordinator for the Saints bountygate scandal. check out the video.

Comments

• Options

Gregg Williams is getting destroyed on social media, he supposedly offered incentives to his players in Washington for these kinds of vicious hits.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think people on social media have waaayyy too much time on their hands if they're pulling out football clips from 15yrs ago to complain about today. Could that have been a incentivized hit brought on from a potential Gregg Williams bounty? Sure, it could also have been nothing more than a dirty hit from the defender that had zero to do with earning extra cash in the locker room.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I think people on social media have waaayyy too much time on their hands if they're pulling out football clips from 15yrs ago to complain about today. Could that have been a incentivized hit brought on from a potential Gregg Williams bounty? Sure, it could also have been nothing more than a dirty hit from the defender that had zero to do with earning extra cash in the locker room.

Agreed 100%

• Options
    edited July 20, 2022 5:59PM

I agree, it is ridiculous for the guy to drag up a play over a decade ago, it could never be proved anyway. I'm sorry but I've had my mind on this all day, the official trailer for Halloween Ends was released today, and I'm chomping at the bit to see it. I've seen every Halloween movie ever made, and this is going to be the last one Jamie Lee Curtis does, and they're going to kill Michael Myers for good, hence the title.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYtIC12eHcI

• Options

Oh happy day.