Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

William lang,ebay inv, where did the banknotes go??????

As stated above, he passed in 2020 it looks like. He had a note i had been watching and am now trying to pursue.

Thanks for any ideas/leads

Brian

Comments

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭

He had many notes of interest to me.. Alot of series 1869s, a Colton Ca note, a Claremont Ca note, etc

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭

@DontTellTheWife said:
    As stated above, he passed in 2020 it looks like. He had a note i had been watching and am now trying to pursue.

Thanks for any ideas/leads

Brian

Another seller was George Decker, tons of nationals. His inventory disappeared

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options
    redsealguyredsealguy Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

I was wondering the same thing. All of the eBay inventory was pulled down suddenly and hasn't been relisted.

• Options
    DontTellTheWifeDontTellTheWife Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Ive done a bit more investigating, still no leads.........

• Options
    Chlebowski091977Chlebowski091977 Posts: 3
    edited December 5, 2022 6:37PM

I will take the blame on this one. In April of 2022 I was searching for a specific note. It showed up on William Lang’s EBay account. It was also listed on Bills stamps. The note was listed at an outrageous price. After another internet search I found his shop number. I called it on a Saturday morning thinking I would leave a message. A lady answered explained Bill passed. She stated she was a paralegal for his estate. I inquired about buying the note with what I thought was a fair offer. She said she would contact the estate attorney on Monday with a yes or no answer on my offer. To my surprise the offer was accepted ( fair market) I thought. I was told to make out the check to William Lang estate, no shipping or insurance charge( shocked I was) . I mailed off the check. 5 days later received a call check cleared and note was on its way with tracking number. I received the PMG graded note and immediately went shopping for other notes on his page. I found everything was scrubbed from the internet. I tried calling the para legal. She said that they estate was being disposed of by other means, nothing else was available. EBay was gone, Bill Lang Stamps gone, shop information scrubbed from internet. But what I scored was a PMG $2.00 bill inverted third print PMG 64 EPQ. Well below auction values. That my friends is the story.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting information Ski, thanks for sharing.

• Options

Thanks for sharing your story.....

• Options

Your both welcome. There were many more error notes I was willing to buy, but it just disappeared.

• Options
    Chlebowski091977Chlebowski091977 Posts: 3
    edited December 5, 2022 7:28PM

Anyone reading this, if you send an email to me at mc091977@icloud.com I will send you screenshots of contact information with emails, phone number and mailing address which may lead to finding out how to purchase some notes. I have not tried again , but worth a shot. Mike Chlebowski.