Home Q & A Forum
Options

2004 Wisconsin State quarter sealed bank roll.

JWPJWP Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking through boxes of coins tonight that I'd taken out of my safe trying to find the missing dates for my Grandaughter's Lincoln sent coin folder. When I opened up this one box I realized that I had placed a 2004 D Wisconsin state quarter OBW. My question is would it be better to open the roll and look for the slim chance of having a quarter in the roll with the lower or the upper extra leaf. Is the roll of quarters better left the way it is or does it really matter whether it's opened or not. I'm not sure but I'm thinking this role is really only worth the face value of $10. I'm kind of leaning on opening the role and no big deal if it's just normal quarters or not. What do you guys think.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Comments

• Options

I just pulled out the rolls of state quarters that I have and I actually have three rolls of the Wisconsin 2004 d quarters.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the extra leaves showed up in TX, AZ & NM if you are in that area it would be a good idea to check them.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Most of the extra leaves showed up in TX, AZ & NM if you are in that area it would be a good idea to check them.

Bank rolls came from Tennessee, so you're probably right it's chances of finding the extra Leaf quarters are probably slim to none. I'm still contemplating on just opening the rappers and looking at the quarters as I don't really think these rules are worth more than $10. I actually pulled out all the state portal rolls that I have and I actually have 40 plus rolls. So I may just dumped them all back at the bank again. Thanks for the information on where the majority of the extra Leaf quarters have been found. I appreciate it.