Home Q & A Forum
Options

PCGS Customer Support issue. Need help!

I recently was charged 150$ renewal fee on an account I had cancelled so I called in to let them know but the charge doesnt show up for them or in my account. Only the original charge shows. This has been about a week now and noone has contacted me back. I call back in today and have to re-explain the entire issue to be told same we have to contact accounting result with still no response or answer and cant call again because of the really pathetic its hours from closing but we have reached our limit for today so try your luck tmw message. Can anyone help with how to get ahold of someone that can actually be helpful?

Comments

• Options
    RelicKINGRelicKING Posts: 170 ✭✭

oh and additional info is the account is still inactive and shows the correct end date so the money is just up in the air somewhere other than my account lol.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was an unauthorized charge and you used a CC, You could contact your CC company and maybe it was a fraudulent/account error charge.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP said:
    If it was an unauthorized charge and you used a CC, You could contact your CC company and maybe it was a fraudulent/account error charge.

well i think its more an accidental charge on PCGSs part but what is annoying is i cant contact anyone that can help. I can only keep calling in to get another work from home call center agent who has to relay everything we ask to other people if it isnt something basic and no return calls or emails or answers. I have to restate my problem on each phone call. I'm about to start calling again today so maybe fingers crossed I'll get someone that takes charge of the problem for once. Been calling them for over a week now.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

In cases like this I call the cc company to dispute the charge.

• Options

@JBK said:
    In cases like this I call the cc company to dispute the charge.

Well I did exactly that but in my case its my personal bank / debit card and they claim they can't dispute completed transactions done online with debit cards. I did reach a different and my 3rd person at PCGS cust support named Kevin whom supposedly making sure it gets refunded but he also promised a call back which has not happened yet. Staying hopeful lol otherwise I'll be talking to them again tmw until its done just frustrating how hard something like this is to get handled with them.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not trying to pile on but I never use a debit card in this way, and this scenario is the reason.

You have no real protection from your bank and are at the mercy of the place that ran the charge.

• Options
    conrad99conrad99 Posts: 350 ✭✭✭

I can only keep calling in to get another work from home call center agent who has to relay everything we ask to other people if it isnt something basic and no return calls or emails or answers.

Yeah. "Customer Service Theater" we call it nowadays.

• Options

@JBK said:
    I'm not trying to pile on but I never use a debit card in this way, and this scenario is the reason.

You have no real protection from your bank and are at the mercy of the place that ran the charge.

yeah agreed but in my defense it was meant to be a one time thing that i was there for. They never returned the promise call backs today so will be on their case again tmw i suppose. I still do totally expect them to refund me as opposed to taking my money so not too worried there but the lack of take control of the problem is alarming for a place we all send $$$$$ coins to. fingers continue to be crossed.