Home Sports Talk

Tony Romo takes it down again

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

so, Romo is a very good amateur golfer. operative word: amateur. when he has attempted to play with professionals he has quickly been humbled. but against non-pros he can hang with just about anyone.

if you're unfamiliar with golf, all of these numbers will probably drive you to drink. the only column you really need to pay attention to is the far left one -- finishing position. scroll down and find your fav celeb to see what kind of skillz they manifested this past weekend at the American Century Championship.

and i'm not sure what's more impressive -- Romo winning this tournament for the 3rd time, or double d's boy A-Rodg coming in 9th with him looking like he just finished off a big fat one.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just another great write up from @galaxy27 !!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly post of the week, could be post of the month.
    Well done sir!

What's with the glassy eyes? Too much tattoo ink? I'll go with the "fat one". B)

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

"'This is a hybrid … of bluegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bent and northern California sensemilia (sic),' Spangler said. 'The amazing stuff about this, is that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on the stuff.'"

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galixico......you're on it........Somebody in this photo is.....LOADED😂

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you missed it, one of the people Romo beat was LPGA HOFer Annika Sorenstam

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Modified stableford scoring system, I presume?

Sorry, just wanted to type that. Romo looked like a steely eyed missile man on the
    two playoff holes. Laced both drives long and right down the middle.
    Actually I think he did also on the final hole of regulation.
    The only disappointment was Barkley not finishing top 70 enabling Rodgers to keep the woman bun.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

for those interested in how a top amateur like Romo stacks up against pros, here's a look at his results over the years from the handful of PGA Tour events in which he was granted a sponsor's exemption:

mind you, he plays to a 1 or 2 handicap. that is extremely stellar. i've been playing golf for almost 40 years and the lowest i ever reached was about a 4 back in high school. but as can be seen from the results above, Romo was a cumulative 42-over-par in 4 starts and never came close to making a cut.

translation: there is a sizable gap between an amateur with serious game and even the worst professional on tour.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet