Home Sports Talk

Rob Refsnyder home run smashes car window

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't recall ever seeing this, Rob Refsnyder smashed a ball over the Green Monster and it hit a car window, here's the video of the home run.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a photo of the car window with people gathered around it.

Here's the owner of the car the ball hit.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

That happened in a park in my area during a softball game, the ball went rainbow style over the net and right smack in the center of a car parked in the lot.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2022 9:11AM

It happened to me.....twice.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

The car's owner is an idiot for parking there. Everyone knows homeruns land there often enough that it isn't safe.

Steve

edited July 10, 2022 5:51PM

@SDSportsFan said:
    The car's owner is an idiot for parking there. Everyone knows homeruns land there often enough that it isn't safe.

Steve

Yea, your right SD,.....but a man who wears duds like he does to a baseball game probably doesn't worry about a crashed car window!........ Flashy Dude!!!....

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:

Steve

That’s what we said when it happened in our softball game lol

I've never broken a window playing baseball, I don't know what you're talking about.

edited July 10, 2022 9:40PM

@doubledragon said:
    I've never broken a window playing baseball, I don't know what you're talking about.

Cute kid.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did it with a HR in Little League.

Time - Summer of 1974
    Place - Wallingford Park

An older brother of one of my teammates parked his car in centerfield just left of the scoreboard (the white thing in center).

There were not many homers hit on this field, so there would usually be 6 or 7 cars parked out there, most in the right field area.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.