Home Autographs Forum
Options

PSA QuickOpinion - Joe Frazier Autograph enquiry

I recently went through PSA QuickOpinion where the result was deemed "Likely Not Genuine"; would it be worth it to send the bromide directly to PSA instead of relying on their online authentication?

All comments are welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it were mine I'd study the heck out of his signature and satisfy myself that it was real.

The photo is pretty clear. I'd be afraid that if they didn't like it in a QO, they won't like it much better in person.

Personally, I'd use QO to get a preliminary thumbs up before paying for a full authentication.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's authentic but PSA will probably reject it considering the quick opinion rejected it. Joe Frazier didn't sign his signature the exact same way everytime, all of these are authentic but there are differences in each.

• Options
    BartAllen2BartAllen2 Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited July 7, 2022 7:12PM

@doubledragon said:
    I think it's authentic but PSA will probably reject it considering the quick opinion rejected it. Joe Frazier didn't sign his signature the exact same way everytime, all of these are authentic but there are differences in each.

Thanks guys <3

I guess maybe sending that bromide into Beckett could be an option, perhaps?

• Options

@BartAllen2 said:

@doubledragon said:

Thanks guys <3

I guess maybe sending that bromide into Beckett could be an option, perhaps?

You could give it a try, there's no guarantee that they won't reject it though. Autograph authentication is a tricky process, I think it's authentic, there are a lot of things in the signature that match Joe Frazier's style of autograph, but you never know how someone else is going to see it.

• Options
    edited July 8, 2022 5:31AM

As you can see in this JSA authenticated photo, if you study the signature, you will see the similarities are pretty much identical.