Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Suggestions on a future "W" Quarter selling notion.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
Through CRHunting, I've accumulated 127, 2019 & 2020 W Quarters! After excluding 27 of them between being graded and/or given away.
I have 100 remaining in raw form In my inventory. All from the 10 W's in both years, 2019 & 2020. They're either in Mint State or in AU condition.
What I'm asking from you guys, is $1000 price tag on all 100, a fair and reasonable price? That's an average of only $10 a piece. In which, I feel is pretty fair. Esp many being the most popular ones. The Memorials, Weir Farms, Tallgrass Prairies and the Rockefellers. I'm only looking to unload all 100 as a whole.
Would you guys agree my asking price is reasonable?
Thank You!
:)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only worth $25 to me :) but in all seriousness, I think $700 to $1100 would be a reasonable range if they are UNC. You’d have to figure out how many are AU as I doubt a buyer would want to pay as much for those

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:
    Only worth $25 to me :) but in all seriousness, I think $700 to $1100 would be a reasonable range if they are UNC. You’d have to figure out how many are AU as I doubt a buyer would want to pay as much for those

AU are still in demand and I have sold many on eBay. Still hard to come by. Below are my most recent Circulated W sales

• Options
    edited July 5, 2022 4:24PM

@Joe_360 said:

@jclovescoins said:

AU are still in demand and I have sold many on eBay. Still hard to come by. Below are my most recent Circulated W sales

Yes, I do believe I went to ebay to check for W prices and I do believe I was connecting some of your prices to my decent low prices?
    Lol.
    Thanks again.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Come to think of it?
    I'm sure some of the 100 raw W's, are in a ms 64 grade or even better!
    I must do some further detective work.
    :D

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the excitement about the West Point quarters is dwindled or is starting to decline. I recently tried selling Ms 64 WIP (GUAM) quarters and it took forever. It got to the point where I was down to less than $15 a slab and nobody even wanted to make an offer. I finally traded the 10 slabs but it took forever to do it. I think even at $10 a quarter it might still be a hard sell. I definitely could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time either. But this is what I recently went through. Just saying. Good luck and hope you have more success than I did.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joeykoins
    Yes $10 each is fair price and you shouldn't have a problem selling them😎

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind that sales of singles are very different from a bulk quantity.

A collector looking to build or complete a set, vs a dealer (professional or amateur) looking to buy an inventory to resell.

• Options

@JBK said:

A collector looking to build or complete a set, vs a dealer (professional or amateur) looking to buy an inventory to resell.

Correct. I think that is what some are missing. It's great to get $15 per coin when doing a single coin sale, but then you have fees, shipping, and your time commitment.

After thinking about it a bit, I think selling 100 raw in various grades as a bulk lot, I'd be happy with $700 as a seller. As a buyer interested in reselling them, I wouldn't want to pay more than $400.

• Options
    edited July 6, 2022 11:44AM

@jclovescoins said:
    After thinking about it a bit, I think selling 100 raw in various grades as a bulk lot, I'd be happy with $700 as a seller. As a buyer interested in reselling them, I wouldn't want to pay more than $400.

Sure, $700 might be a price I should be content with, esp when I only paid $25 face! Lol
    However, I must think of the premium and hard work and gas used, along with the possibilities for what the buyer could do with all these.
    Thanks

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

PM sent

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s probably a good asking price to accept the BO of ~ 750 to 800 hopefully. Might do better selling at 10 / pop if you want the full amount - they should go fast at that price, especially the uncirculated ones ... assuming that means you found in fresh rolls
    I thought all the W’s were technically all put into circulation - but I suppose some were picked up prior to any significant use in commerce. I was always a little confused by calling a coin uncirculated that actually was intended for or was in circulation for a time just short enough to give it a MS60 or above ... but isn’t that still technically “circulated”?
    I digress ... nice quarters - I scored two of them and I’ll just keep those!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2022 4:37PM

Include an inventory of how many of each coin and how many are uncirc.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2022 5:21PM

@Che_Grapes said:
    I think it’s probably a good asking price to accept the BO of ~ 750 to 800 hopefully. Might do better selling at 10 / pop if you want the full amount - they should go fast at that price, especially the uncirculated ones ... assuming that means you found in fresh rolls
    I thought all the W’s were technically all put into circulation - but I suppose some were picked up prior to any significant use in commerce. I was always a little confused by calling a coin uncirculated that actually was intended for or was in circulation for a time just short enough to give it a MS60 or above ... but isn’t that still technically “circulated”?
    I digress ... nice quarters - I scored two of them and I’ll just keep those!

Hi,
    The W quarters are business strike coins. When removed directly from a original bank roll from the distributor and have never been used commercially they are classified as uncirculated (all 40 coins in the roll are identical).

The Redbook definition for Uncirculated: A circulation-strike coin that has never been used in commerce, and has retained its original surface and luster.

As many W quarter has been grated at MS65 and above, as defined are Gem-State.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

The W quarters are business strike coins. Went removed directly from a original bank roll from the distributor and have never been used commercially they are classified as uncirculated (all 40 coins in the roll are identical).

there are never 40 W's in an uncirculated bank roll. Yes all 40 coins in the roll are considered BU uncirculated. I believe the seller has indicated in other threads that his coins are both BU uncirculated and circulated (removed from rolls of various circulated quarters). He should probably identify how many of each (and particular issue) he is selling in the lot.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

@JBK said:

Correct. I think that is what some are missing. It's great to get $15 per coin when doing a single coin sale, but then you have fees, shipping, and your time commitment.

Good luck buying 100 W quarters for $400🤣😂

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jclovescoins said:

@JBK said:

I doubt if you walked up to a generalist dealer with a mixed lot of circ/uncirc W quarters that'd you get much more.
    Obviously, you can't buy them retail at that price.

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jclovescoins said:

@JBK said:

I doubt if you walked up to a generalist dealer with a mixed lot of circ/uncirc W quarters that'd you get much more.
    Obviously, you can't buy them retail at that price.

He won't be walking up to a generalist dealer. He will find a buyer who will offer him more than $400 for them for sure😉

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@jclovescoins said:

Sure, $700 might be a price I should be content with, esp when I only paid $25 face! Lol
    However, I must think of the premium and hard work and gas used, along with the possibilities for what the buyer could do with all these.
    Thanks

Don’t forget the resale buyer will also have costs associated with selling them. Including grading fees if they go that route.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!