Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NBA hoops Michael Jordan #65 error??

Hi all,been trying to find out if this is an error card? Above the bulls logo to the rt is a hand and that hand looks blurred. I couldn't find it anywhere until I seen it on eBay and it sold for over a 100$. What's the real story. I don't believe eBay anyway..ty

Comments

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

@Menza said:

Hi all,been trying to find out if this is an error card? Above the bulls logo to the rt is a hand and that hand looks blurred. I couldn't find it anywhere until I seen it on eBay and it sold for over a 100$. What's the real story. I don't believe eBay anyway..ty

You couldn’t find it anywhere?

Can you show me one without the blurred hand?

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Im going to go with print defect, if its anything. Searching ebay I see hundreds of cards listed as "errors" with anything from a missing letter to a missing period on stats. Prices being asked for these is sheer lunacy and my guess is, just like some of the shilling going on with pokemon cards, a seller is listing it, then bidding it up to make it appear like someone is actually buying it for a ridiculous amount, then relisting it to sell, hoping to catch a sucker

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2022 12:22PM

** Jose Uribe has entered the chat **

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

@mtcards said:
    Im going to go with print defect, if its anything. Searching ebay I see hundreds of cards listed as "errors" with anything from a missing letter to a missing period on stats. Prices being asked for these is sheer lunacy and my guess is, just like some of the shilling going on with pokemon cards, a seller is listing it, then bidding it up to make it appear like someone is actually buying it for a ridiculous amount, then relisting it to sell, hoping to catch a sucker

Not a print defect if every single one of the million+ copies has it.

Like mentioned above: see 1990 Fleer Uribe...1990 Topps Griffey "Scab"... 1990 Donruss "No Dot"..."1989 Donruss Alex Madrid" and on and on.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Thats why I added "if it's anything"

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    MenzaMenza Posts: 84

Thanks guys that puts that issue at rest I have to agree eBay really sucks